Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Birthday card help? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/birthday-card-help-t57099.html)

Elisabrat 07-31-2010 03:10 PM

I forgot, her birthday is August 6th. She will be in the field for a week or more (training?) soon and after that her weekend call is furneral duty so they do the whole 21 gun salute for lost soldiers... but she will have day mail Mon to Fri and it is a special event so thanks again for your cards. This is a hard month and they will be a light on cloudy days for her.

Linda

Gwyn 07-31-2010 03:23 PM

I'll send her one on Monday

CarrieAnne 07-31-2010 03:25 PM

Absolutely! I will mail one on Monday!

Ditter43 07-31-2010 03:53 PM

I'll send her one for sure! :D :thumbup:

Dancing Needle 07-31-2010 04:04 PM

I just addressed a card to her. I'll put it in the mail Monday. Thanks for asking us to do this for her. It brings me great pleasure to hopefully bring a smile to her face on her birthday.

Ms. Shawn 07-31-2010 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
My daughter is a soldier in the US army. This is her second birthday away from home and I am praying maybe a few of you could send a birthday card to her. I have been seriously sick this last month and not been much on here at all. She is only 19 and cards from 'home' regardless of where it is would be a gift she would cherish for a long long time. I am enclosing her mail to if your able and willing at all. Just a shout out would be so very nice for her. She is my pride and joy and such a tremendously good kid.

Mail to is: PFC Adamo, Genavieve
C CO 364th AGBN
Bldg 2225
Fort Jackson, SC
29207-63011

I am hoping she can at least get 19 cards.. I have one I am sending, the fire department here is sending her one (she raised almost $200 for them this summer) and the woman from the postal station here is sending her one.. so only 16 or more to go!

Please even a post card.. she is a great kid. I wish I could do more but I cant right now.

Sincerely,
One proud mom
Linda Stayton

I would be honored to that for you both!!!!! My sister and brother both were in the Air Force after high school. I am sure that my sister would love to also send a card!!!I have a lot of family that can do the same!!! Pm your address so I can send you a card also!!! I love to send cards!!! :shock: :mrgreen: :thumbup: :thumbup: :XD: :XD:

Ms. Shawn 07-31-2010 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
When is her B-day??????? My DD is Aug 14. I will send your DD a card. Can we send her a little something like lipstick or body wash?????? Something girly??????

Great Question trupeach1!!!!! Let us know????
Ms. Shawn :thumbup: :thumbup: :mrgreen:

Ms. Shawn 07-31-2010 04:46 PM

Thank you everyone. The zip as far as I know is correct as its the one she sent me and I have been writing too :) I think they cant receive much but a card is always loved. Its something that they cherrish .. they stand there waiting for their name to be called and then mail is handed to you. Its like a present already. Last year I sent her a letter a day and had to work so hard at coming up with something to write.. I am almost 50, home disabled.. my day is not exciting? So I wrote about my childhood memories from as little as I was to now.. and she loves her letters. Now I write.. well the turkeys came this morning.. and um..the skunk came last night for the corn I put out.. and I dont have much to tell !!! I appreciate from the bottom of my heart your random act of kindness. She will too. It is good to know you count. She signed on here as a member a short bit ago and made her first quilt a few months ago. She made good friends with a family who is self sufficient, they grow and make all they need and they taught her how to actually quilt the top .. and to make soap, to do all sorts of things.What a blessing that family is in her life. So thank you all of you. Each card will be a gift that won't stop. She will know the love that comes with it and for that.. how much better can anyone get?

you make me tear up all of you.. your one heck of a great group of people. I am so fortunate to have found this site.

Linda

Linda, :cry: :cry: Me too Please pm me your address!!! Can I send your daughter stamps and cards to send to you from her???

great aunt jacqui 07-31-2010 04:48 PM

be proud to send her a card.

Ms. Shawn 07-31-2010 04:50 PM

I forgot, her birthday is August 6th. She will be in the field for a week or more (training?) soon and after that her weekend call is furneral duty so they do the whole 21 gun salute for lost soldiers... but she will have day mail Mon to Fri and it is a special event so thanks again for your cards. This is a hard month and they will be a light on cloudy days for her.

Linda

I love your screen name my given middle name is Elisa and I am still a brat after 45 years!!! I hope you will continue to do better and I will send her cards and letters on a regular basis!!! :shock: :mrgreen: :lol: :roll: :XD: :thumbup: :XD: :thumbup: :!: :!: