Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Birthday on a holiday? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/birthday-holiday-t272793.html)

Bueniebabe 11-29-2015 05:36 PM

My birthday is New Years Eve, sister on Halloween, brother on Pearl Harbor day, sister & niece on Martin Luther King day another little one on Christmas. Also had 2 friends die on Christmas day.

Stitchnripper 11-29-2015 08:35 PM

My birthday is January 1st.

JuneBillie 11-29-2015 10:04 PM

My husband's birthday is on Christmas Day. I had a cousin who's birthday was on Christmas Eve. I had an uncle who's birthday was on Ground Hog Day.

Vat 11-30-2015 03:34 AM

Our sons birthdays are on the same day 3 years apart, I planned it that way. I had a nice doctor that induced labor, 5 weeks after he said he was due. I always made 2 cakes , 2 pies or whatever they wanted. Tried to always make each boys day special. They are now 45 and 42.

Flowergurl 11-30-2015 05:12 AM

I was born on Thanksgiving and i loved it. Mom always celebrated my birthday on Thanksgiving and i thought it was grand to have a feast on my birthday. :)

nancyw 11-30-2015 05:53 AM

My birthday is Dec. 5 and my husband's is Dec. 12.

citruscountyquilter 11-30-2015 07:35 AM

My birthday is Christmas Day. Growing up I never got a "combination" present. Presents were always either Christmas or Birthday. Birthday presents were wrapped in birthday paper, never Christmas paper. We celebrated my birthday Christmas evening in a different room in the house than we had celebrated Christmas in the morning. When I got married my husband continued that tradition. I think it is wonderful having a birthday on Christmas and have never ever felt cheated or neglected by it.

ManiacQuilter2 11-30-2015 08:23 AM

My birthday would occasionally fall on Memorial day until the government changed the date. I would thing having a birthday near Xmas would really be a bummer. So NO sex in last week of March!! :)

Stitchit123 11-30-2015 12:47 PM

My Gramma was born on Thanksgiving -my older brother was born on Memorial Day and his wife on Labor Day. My now oldest brother has 2 daughters that share Halloween BDs and his oldest daughter gave him his 1st GD on his BD -my youngest nephew and my first GS share the First day of Spring. A great niece and my 2nd GD share St. Patty's day. We have a lot of shared BDs in our family that are not holidays. My oldest nephew and my youngest GS share -my favorite Aunt and my son - another niece and I were born on the same day. and 9 yrs ago I received a transplant on my oldest GDs 16th. Most of us are winter born so we get together for a long week of camping -fishing and swimming at the river the week that August 18th falls. August is the only month we have no birthdays.

Boston1954 11-30-2015 01:18 PM

My birthday is exactly halfway between Groundhog Day and Valentine's Day. (8th), but my anniversary sometimes falls on the day of the Kentucky Derby. I know these are not biggies. My father was born on Patriots' Day (April 19)