Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Birthday on a holiday?

Birthday on a holiday?

Anyone else born on a holiday? I was born on Thanksgiving Day. Therefore my day is not on the actual holiday very often. It will be next year though, if I live long enough. The reason being because of it being a leap year, the 24th will jump to Thursday. It was on Tuesday this year.

My birthday often falls on Labor Day which doesn't mean much but it's nice. Just before school starts, I always got new shoes and a school dress as a gift. One daughter was born July 3 and we celebrate the whole weekend. One granddaughter was born Dec 20, so we always have to be sure she gets separate presents, wrapped differently, not Christmas paper. Son in law Dec 26, niece and nephew Dec. 26 and 27. Makes it easier to remember them.
    Hope you had a happy birthday and that you live long enough for many more!

Power Poster
    My son was born on Halloween and when he was little he loved getting tons of candy, trick or treating.

My birthday is sometimes on Easter. My first son was born on Mother's Day (also his father's birthday) and the second was born on Christmas. My DSIL told me that I would eventually have to either limit my family or try for Groundhog's Day. Third child was not born on a holiday, but I took the 4th home from the hospital on Thanksgiving, so sometimes that's when her birthday falls.

I have two son's with the same birthday 11 years apart one was born Dec 28th and one on Mothers day one missed our anniversary by 4 days so yes always exciting times of the year!

One of my best friends was born on Christmas Day. She said her parents always made sure her birthday was included in the holiday.
    Regina in Richmond, KY

My youngest son is very close to Christmas and I think it is no fun for him so we have a party in the middle of the summer and a family bash right before Christmas. One year we had to have his party on the actual day and hardly any of his friends could come. Also the gifts he received were meager. I think it was because people already have too many things going on plus the cost of Christmas gifts. I felt bad for him because my mom had just died, his grandmother, so it was a hard year already.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    My birthday has fallen on Christmas Day for the past 74 yrs and I'm certain it will again this year!!! LOL
    I grew up on a farm and felt there was more fuss made over my bd because we were together with the family on one side or the other every Christmas. Now-a-days birthdays are like Christmas for a lot of kids, so I suppose those born on Christmas probably feel cheated. I didn't! We still have all family together on mine & I cook the meal.....it's great!

My grandson was born on Thanksgiving a couple of years ago, and his baby sister is due on Valentine's Day, guess my daughter likes holidays for giving birth!
    I just want to spend the rest of my life laughing.

Blog Entries
    My birthday is New Years Eve, sister on Halloween, brother on Pearl Harbor day, sister & niece on Martin Luther King day another little one on Christmas

Blog Entries
    My birthday is New Years Eve, sister on Halloween, brother on Pearl Harbor day, sister & niece on Martin Luther King day another little one on Christmas. Also had 2 friends die on Christmas day.

My birthday is January 1st.
    Alyce

Blog Entries
    My husband's birthday is on Christmas Day. I had a cousin who's birthday was on Christmas Eve. I had an uncle who's birthday was on Ground Hog Day.

Vat
    Our sons birthdays are on the same day 3 years apart, I planned it that way. I had a nice doctor that induced labor, 5 weeks after he said he was due. I always made 2 cakes , 2 pies or whatever they wanted. Tried to always make each boys day special. They are now 45 and 42.

I was born on Thanksgiving and i loved it. Mom always celebrated my birthday on Thanksgiving and i thought it was grand to have a feast on my birthday.

My birthday is Dec. 5 and my husband's is Dec. 12.

Super Member citruscountyquilter's Avatar
    My birthday is Christmas Day. Growing up I never got a "combination" present. Presents were always either Christmas or Birthday. Birthday presents were wrapped in birthday paper, never Christmas paper. We celebrated my birthday Christmas evening in a different room in the house than we had celebrated Christmas in the morning. When I got married my husband continued that tradition. I think it is wonderful having a birthday on Christmas and have never ever felt cheated or neglected by it.

My birthday would occasionally fall on Memorial day until the government changed the date. I would thing having a birthday near Xmas would really be a bummer. So NO sex in last week of March!!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    My Gramma was born on Thanksgiving -my older brother was born on Memorial Day and his wife on Labor Day. My now oldest brother has 2 daughters that share Halloween BDs and his oldest daughter gave him his 1st GD on his BD -my youngest nephew and my first GS share the First day of Spring. A great niece and my 2nd GD share St. Patty's day. We have a lot of shared BDs in our family that are not holidays. My oldest nephew and my youngest GS share -my favorite Aunt and my son - another niece and I were born on the same day. and 9 yrs ago I received a transplant on my oldest GDs 16th. Most of us are winter born so we get together for a long week of camping -fishing and swimming at the river the week that August 18th falls. August is the only month we have no birthdays.

My birthday is exactly halfway between Groundhog Day and Valentine's Day. (8th), but my anniversary sometimes falls on the day of the Kentucky Derby. I know these are not biggies. My father was born on Patriots' Day (April 19)
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Blog Entries
    My hubs is Dec 12, his youngest daughter is Dec 29.

I have ALWAYS made it a point to keep all birthdays separated
    from ANY holiday.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

My birthday is two days before Christmas. Growing up I swore I'd be a June bride so I'd have something to celebrate in the summer. My 48th anniversary is coming up.... Dec. 16th!

Birthday

My birthday is on St. Patrick's Day. A great day to celebrate and decorate.

My birthday, Aug. 22, was always a celebration, not because it was on holiday but mainly because it meant the end to summer vacation and soon back-to-school. We usually celebrated in an unusual way. Ironically I didn't like cake (not that way anymore!). I usually requested a pot of okra gumbo since it was the height of the okra season. As the years rolled on, the school year began earlier and earlier. The last few years before I retired from teaching, my birthday usually fell in the second of the new term.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Blog Entries
    I was born on Easter sunday and it used to be that it fell on it every 11 yrs. then I guess the moon shifted and it hasn't been on it for a long time. My daughter was born 3 days after Christmas and I made sure that every birthday she's ever had didn't make her feel like she lost some of it to Christmas. Even a few years ago, I had very little money so I only did for the little ones but 3 days later she had her cake and a really nice birthday present. Most of the time growing up we celebrated her birthday the first week of Jan after school was back in session. I hate hearing kids say that they get less for either thier birthday or Christmas because of it being in the same month.
    Judy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast