Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Birthday on a holiday?

Mine wasn't on a holiday, but I was born on Friday the 13th. I always feel that 13 is my lucky number

Winter/South Florida;Summer/anywhere & everywhere North
    Mine falls on Thanksgiving every 4 years. My family was big on a huge Turkey day celebration so my birthday was always basically ignored. Probably why I don't enjoy celebrating birthdays too much. At least now in my advanced years (turned 60 last week ) not celebrating works in my favor
    Certified basketcase
    Diane

Mine occasionally falls on Mother's Day. Some years I am not sure how I feel about that.

Our daughters birthday is exactly 6 months before, or after, Christmas...June 25th.
    Last edited by KellyPete; 12-01-2015 at 07:54 AM.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    A friend of mine got married on Christmas Day. Her father was a Justice of the Peace. They had a large family gathering and had applied for their marriage license a week before and were planning on getting married right after Christmas. One of the relatives made a statement about the closest members of family and friends were going to be at the small informal ceremony so why not then. Everyone had their Christmas finery on and 20 minutes later they were married. Her aunt always made a beautiful White Christmas cake which they turned into their wedding cake. They were married next to the Christmas tree with a beautiful nativity under the tree. It was a second marriage for the both of them so it was perfect. The Christmas gathering was to bring both sides of the family together to be better acquainted. 2 years later on Christmas eve their first boy was born.

Our anniversary is day before my bday....we eat out somewhere very nice for that
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

Quote Originally Posted by Watson58 View Post
    My birthday has fallen on Christmas Day for the past 74 yrs and I'm certain it will again this year!!! LOL
    I grew up on a farm and felt there was more fuss made over my bd because we were together with the family on one side or the other every Christmas. Now-a-days birthdays are like Christmas for a lot of kids, so I suppose those born on Christmas probably feel cheated. I didn't! We still have all family together on mine & I cook the meal.....it's great!
    Wow my birthday was Christmas 74 years ago to and I never felt cheated either. This year it will be celebrated with
    24 grandchildren and 33 great-grandchildren so what more can you wish for

In my family, we have a 6 (SIX!) birthdays AND Christmas within a 5 week period!! Sure makes this an exciting/expensive time of the year! My birthday is coming up on Dec 7 to start the whole process. For my birthday and for my nephew's early Christmas present, my husband bought us tickets to go see Trans-Siberian Orchestra in concert tomorrow night!! I can't wait!!! 😃😃😃

Donna

My birthday sometimes is also Secretary's Day. My hubby's is Dec. 19th, so I always try to keep his birthday special, and no "combined" gifts. I also have an aunt whose birthday was on Thanksgiving this year.
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

My birthday is the 22nd of Dec and DH is the 7th (Pearl Harbor).

Quote Originally Posted by elseebee View Post
    My birthday is two days before Christmas. Growing up I swore I'd be a June bride so I'd have something to celebrate in the summer. My 48th anniversary is coming up.... Dec. 16th!
    Hahaha I got coffee on my computer monitor.
    Anna Quilts

Christmas is one week (Monday?), New Year's day the next, and our birthday the following. (I am a twin)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2