Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Bit the bullet - joined Weight Watchers yesterday (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/bit-bullet-joined-weight-watchers-yesterday-t130855.html)

mummadee 06-17-2011 04:13 AM

I usually have a greek yogurt and 1 cup cereal mixed together. 5 points and very filling and it takes awhile to eat.

BMP 06-17-2011 04:38 AM

I also follow WW but I do better with the previous plan than the new Points Plus.
The first few weeks are pretty hard trying to figure it all out but once you get used to it you will know what foods satify you and how to distribute them through out the day so it works for you.
You can have a huge almost point free salad for lunch and get right back on track
I do best when I plan meals a few days in advance so I know how to plan my days, I have less of a chance of getting off plan.
The most important is to write down everything and track it.
My biggest hurdle was all the tastes here and there that I was doing, once I got over that things fell into place.
I save alot of my trackers so I can go back and reuse the meals as I plan meals and food shop.
Good Luck, it works but it also takes alot of work to stay on plan.

mummadee 06-17-2011 04:46 AM

Don't forget that fruit and veggies are FREE, including bananas. That is my saving grace.

vickiec 06-17-2011 04:47 AM

Oh yes, you can do it. I have been on WW since Sept.2010 and have lost 47 pounds. My wW buddy has lost 53. It takes awhile to get the hang of it and find good foods for low points but you will soon get the hang of it. My breakfast (Usually) is Thomas original english muffin canadian bacon, 2% cheese and egg and a banana or any piece of fruit. More than 5 points,but it is filling and lasts longer. Get to walking or any exercise be dedicated and you will see pounds come off. It is not a diet, it is Lifestyle change. But benefits are awesome, have lots more energy to quilt!! Feel free to pm me for encouraging. :-D

teacherbailey 06-17-2011 05:04 AM

I did WW back when it was just points, not points plus so here's my advice: The first couple of weeks are the worst, you will be convinced that you are starving to death. Hang in there and let you body adjust! After that, It's pretty easy. Also, get as much exercise as you can. It seems to keep you from being so hungry and ups your metabolism in the process. Good Luck!!!!

sewred 06-17-2011 05:10 AM

I didn't officially "re-join" but I got out my materials again and started over yesterday. I joined last year a couple of weeks before the new points plus came out and then after another 2 weeks had to quit for financial resons. So I'm trying yet again to do it alone! It's hard and i get discouraged easy cause i have a LOT to lose!

Janlee43 06-17-2011 05:14 AM

Been a WW for 30 years. Have gain about 7 lb so back on program. On he points plus plan. I eat between 5-7 points in am. Hang in there it is a lifestyle change. Its just a healthy way to eat. I try to remember a saying I said when I lectured, " I don't live to eat, I eat to live". Good luck.

Mary T. 06-17-2011 05:26 AM

I purchased a mini-omlet pan at TJMAX and love it. I clean out the vegie drawer, add some herbs and maybe a bit of feta cheese. It's a great little tool.

Doreen 06-17-2011 06:29 AM

Congrats to you all. I was on WW eons ago. I now count the amount of fats and Saturated fats in food. If it's over "3" I don't eat it. I also use the the sandwich rounds that are super thin and only 100 calories.

mltquilt 06-17-2011 06:54 AM

Just went in two weeks ago to get back on program as I've gained weight back from losing about 60 lbs. This was due to stress and medication plus just being careless about what I ate. Been on retreat all week so needless to say will be back on program starting this morning and back at meetings on Thursday. I also have more than 5 points for breakfast as I like 1% milk in my coffee. Just remember your 49 extra bonus points. Good luck.

mltquilt