Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Bit the bullet - joined Weight Watchers yesterday (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/bit-bullet-joined-weight-watchers-yesterday-t130855.html)

Millstream Mom 06-18-2011 02:40 AM

Your helpful hints, breakfast suggestions and encouragement have helped so much!
I drove to the city yesterday to go to the WW Center, and bought the PP Calculator. You enter the protein/carb/fat/fibre content of a serving and it'll show how many points for that item. Last night I picked out a weeks worth of recipes from the "Taste of Home-Comfort Food Diet Cookbook" and calculated the points for the meals. I enjoy cooking for my family, so I was finding eating microwaved meals, and having them fend for themselves really disruptive to my routine. The WW Lasagna was average/good and nobody complained!
The dogs are enjoying the extra walks! :)
I've gone from having a near-panic attack last Wednesday at the thought of stepping on the scale, to looking forward to this Wednesday and seeing whats been accomplished this week! And trust me - I've NEVER wanted to step on a scale!!!

kimscruzer 06-18-2011 04:31 AM

Keep this thread going! It has given me that nudge I needed to get healthier. Another great site is Sparks.com . I need to get back on the site. They have TONS of info .

royllsister 06-18-2011 05:19 AM

Come on Kathy and get on board this train, YOU can DO IT !!
We will encourage you all the way ....
Judy

quilting nurse 06-18-2011 06:17 AM

Good for you.I am a lifetime member and don't ever feel as if I'm on a diet"...this is a lifestyle...You breakfast had all the needed things...protein,fat,fiber and fluid.The only thing I would have added is a free fruit.7 points is ok for a meal.Good luck.Remember " IF YOU BITE IT,YOU WRITE IT"tracking is very important.You can eat anything(healthy and maybe not so healthy at times) as long as you keep track.Good luck,I know you can do it

wvhill22 06-18-2011 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by serenitybygrace
Has anyone heard of a gluten-free person being on WW? I am gluten intolerant. At this point, I am sure there are substitutions that could be made to fit the point system. I really neeeed to drop some pounds.

My leader has to have Gluten free. she has lost 80 lbs

milikaa1 06-18-2011 06:33 PM

I have lost 80 pounds and gained 5 back with a total of 20 more I want to lose, I finaly joined the meetings in March and am getting no where it seems, I dont know what I am doing wrong but I am getting frustrated, it is almost like I should not eat anything with substance and walk all the time, I am just stuck and want to give in already.

Elizabeth-Liz 06-18-2011 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by milikaa1
I have lost 80 pounds and gained 5 back with a total of 20 more I want to lose, I finaly joined the meetings in March and am getting no where it seems, I dont know what I am doing wrong but I am getting frustrated, it is almost like I should not eat anything with substance and walk all the time, I am just stuck and want to give in already.

I am there right now, but I am not going to give up and you should not either. There will always be times we do not do as good as we have been or our bodies say hey, let me catch up, or at least that is the advise I have been given and I am going to try and stick to. Hope this helps you some also.

auntiehenno 06-19-2011 06:20 AM

wEIGHT wATCHERS NEVER WORKED FOR ME. bUT MUCH GOOD LUCK TO YOU. lOST 1003 LAST FEW YEARSM BUT DID IT MY WAY. nO SCHOOL LUNCHES, HAD LITTLE REFRIG IN ROOM AT SCHHOL AND WHEN MY SWEET TOTH HIT ME, i JUST KEPT IT FILLED AND THEN IT DIES DOWN. bLESING TO YOU. sAW ON qvc YEST. kIRSTI aLLY HAD A PROBUCT CALLED rESCUE ME, LOOKED WORK WHILT, BUT VERY INEXPENSIVE.

katcox 06-19-2011 11:09 AM

I started with my smoothies this week in the mornings, and I will find out about more on WW in my area. My mom did this years ago,I remember her opening a can of tuna and talking about it. Before the point system I'm afraid. This would of made it easier for her. I'm down 1/2 pound this week. talk about baby steps. I hope this improves. It might have been more if I can get the swelling in my feet to go down. They have been huge since surgery.
Thanks Judy for your encouragement.

redkimba 06-19-2011 12:05 PM

The WW Lasagna was average/good and nobody complained!

Since I cut the fat, etc., I discovered the joy of spices. If I add a little extra spices, the food have more flavor. I totally recommend either The Spice Hunter Chef's Shake or World Market All Purpose Seasoning. Neither one has salt in it.