Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Black Friday!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/black-friday-t205640.html)

pmrosie 11-10-2012 05:28 PM

Black Friday!!!!

Who are the black Friday shoppers and what do you plan on this year? I love Black Friday shopping and take the day off every year.

jeank 11-10-2012 05:43 PM

This year Walmart, Sears and Kmart are starting those sales on Thanksgiving night at 8:00.

Lori S 11-10-2012 05:47 PM

Last year number one on my list was a roll of Warm and Natural batting at Jo 'Anns . With all the discounts it was under $5.00 per yard with tax for 90 inch wide. I got up .. tucked my PJ's into my pants... threw on a coat ... was in the door when it opened .. and back home in bed by 6:30 AM. The price of cotton was just really starting to hit the batting retail... so it was a purchase well timed.
Not sure if the sale will be that good again.. but it was good enough to get my ... out of bed.

Patti25314 11-10-2012 05:50 PM

My LQS is doing black Saturday!

mountain deb 11-10-2012 06:04 PM

I do not shop that day if I can help it.

Up North 11-10-2012 07:23 PM

I shop Amazon that day great deals and do not have to get up early or fight the crowds!

oma66 11-11-2012 09:02 AM

oh, my goodness, you are all so brave. I went out once on Black Friday and that was enough for a life time. I will NEVER go again. People can be so greedy and not nice on that day, something I did not expect to run into. I like it when folks are enjoying the season and not concerned with "getting a deal". I like a deal as much as the next person, but manners and consideration seem to go out the window on that day. I am NOT saying everyone is like that, but I have the experience of seeing the worse side of Black Friday shoppers. I hope it is a great day for anyone that is brave enough to go this year.

jskbloomers 11-11-2012 09:16 AM

I used to do Black Friday, back in the day when I had to get those Santa bargains. Had to drive over an hour~one way~to get those bargains and when I did get to Shopko or JoAnns-what I wanted was gone and I had to settle for a more expensive item. I enjoy the hunt but not the drive. Will try to sew that day and any other day I am not substitute teaching!

crafty pat 11-11-2012 09:18 AM

I hate crowds and would would be willing to pay more to stay away from long lines and crowds. I have been lucky to find good prices on things after the crowds have gone.

KarenR 11-11-2012 09:25 AM

I noticed that JoAnns is having like a special each day. One day battin 60" wide and then under the flap 90" cotton batting.
Has anyone used this stuff? Is it any good?

Yes- My daughter thinks Black Friday is a special holiday for us. I'm thinking of sleeping in - until my microwave pucked and now I noticed that they are one of the items on special at two different places. Above the Range microwaves can get expensive. I was thinking of going into the applicance story this week and seeing what deal they could give me in advance. That is the only thing I need.