Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Blog readers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/blog-readers-t318466.html)

Mkotch 06-14-2022 02:03 AM

Blog readers

Is anyone else having problems with Bloglovin lately? It doesn't seem to be available for days on end and then all of a sudden it is back to normal. I started a new reading list on Feedly which seems pretty reliable. Just wondering what you all use to read blogs, if you do read them.

lindaschipper 06-14-2022 02:34 AM

I've noticed it's having problems and tells the reader to come back later Then it may be a week before you are able to read it again. This has been going on for weeks now. I usually only read Quiltsville ( Bonnie Hunter) and Jo's Country ( Jo Kramer). Sure wish Blogloving would get it's self starightened out.

MWB53 06-14-2022 03:49 AM

Same here!!!

Watson58 06-14-2022 04:35 AM

I got fed up with bloglovin and changed to feedly and I'm very happy with it. I've deleted myself from bloglovin.

dunster 06-14-2022 07:27 AM

I'm just curious why people use a blog reader. Can anyone explain? I just go directly to the blogs I want to read (not that many).

tallchick 06-14-2022 08:06 AM

I used to use Bloglovin, one day I looked at those that were “following me” and was disturbed by the amount of questionable people and profiles that were there. I reached out to Admins on the site and their response was very flippant and dismissive. I deleted and blocked the site from my email. I just bookmark the blogs I like and go directly there to read.

cashs_mom 06-14-2022 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 8555589)
I'm just curious why people use a blog reader. Can anyone explain? I just go directly to the blogs I want to read (not that many).

I was wondering the same thing.

Peckish 06-14-2022 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 8555589)

Same. I used to use one, because I thought it would be handy to have everything all right there in one spot. But then I realized that blog readers and blog aggregators profit solely off other people's work. So I quit using them and go directly to the blog(s) to read content.

quiltsfor 06-14-2022 10:27 AM

I haven't gotten into reading quilting blogs, but would like to do this.

Could someone post some links to good quilting blogs for me. I would be connecting/reading the blogs directly instead of using a blogging reader.

Also, are quilting newsletters the same as blogs? -- you can tell I'm soooo tech savvy :rolleyes:

rvsfan 06-14-2022 01:00 PM

Blog Readers

Originally Posted by quiltsfor (Post 8555608)
I haven't gotten into reading quilting blogs, but would like to do this.

Could someone post some links to good quilting blogs for me. I would be connecting/reading the blogs directly instead of using a blogging reader.

Also, are quilting newsletters the same as blogs? -- you can tell I'm soooo tech savvy :rolleyes:

My dumb question kinda goes along with @quiltsfor question: how do you find blogs you want to follow?