Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Blue hair and Dawn dish soap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/blue-hair-dawn-dish-soap-t297838.html)

SusieQOH 06-26-2018 03:06 AM

Great stuff. It takes out everything!! If I get a spot on my shirt I just put a dab on and it's gone.

SillySusan 06-26-2018 03:13 AM

I love all these new ideas! I used to be the laundry lady for church purificators (napkins used for communion) and got the red wine stains and lipstick out by using blue Dawn and one of those bleach powders for colored fabrics. If that didn't work on some of the lipstick stains, I went to Dawn and peroxide.

Aunt Annie 06-26-2018 04:02 AM

Gave our new little kitty a bath in blue dawn to rid it of fleas!

cindyb 06-26-2018 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 8082292)
Kitchen floor cleaner? A few drops of Dawn, 1 cup white vinegar, 2 cups water, spray it on, and mop! I am amazed how well it works without stripping off the wax on my linoleum floor.

Hmm This makes me think of using this on my windows instead of buying window cleaner.

lindaschipper 06-26-2018 04:36 AM

A few drops of Dawn in a spray bottle with water kills Japanese beetles that are eating my flowers. Takes them a few minutes to die, but it does the trick. Doesn't seem to hurt the flowers either.

nwm50 06-26-2018 05:05 AM

I've bathe our midsize dog with it.... fleas hates it!

Little Lulu 06-26-2018 05:41 AM

A paste with blue Dawn, peroxide, and baking soda takes all kinds of stains out - even the cow manure my husband gets on his shirt/pants when he is working cattle at the barn. Even if you have washed something a few times, this will do the trick.

heronlady 06-26-2018 12:47 PM

Use a “foaming hand soap” bottle until empty, then refill it with water and a tablespoon or two of Dawn, swirl it a few times to mix. You can keep refilling it this way multiple times until the pump finally gives out. I use this at the kitchen sink and utility sink. Saves a bundle and is easy on the hands.

Cheshirepat 06-26-2018 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom (Post 8082064)
Dawn will definitely strip whatever is on your hair off. I wouldn't use it though.

It really shouldn't be - for daily use, but for an 'emergency' dye situation, it really works! I'd just condition well after.

Jannie 06-26-2018 06:11 PM

We inspect apartments of 19 - 20 year olds. They do a pretty good job of keeping things clean but seem to over look the bath tub. We tell them to use this in their showers to get the scum build up off. It is amazing how well it works.

Originally Posted by Sleepy Hollow (Post 8082326)
I keep a dish scrubber (the kind where you fill the handle with dish detergent) and keep it in my shower. Every now and then I take a nice long shower and scrub the sides while I'm in there. I get the floor when I'm not in the shower though, since it will get slick! Saves me from having to do a dedicated shower cleaning with some stinky spray.