Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   boston marathon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/boston-marathon-t219216.html)

mjhaess 04-16-2013 07:27 AM

It is so sad what our world has become.....I told a friend that it hurts me to think that my grandchildren will never know the feeling of safety that I knew growing up....we are living in a world that has gone crazy......

Wintersewer 04-16-2013 08:11 AM

The boy who was killed and his sister, who lost a leg, go to the same school that my grandchildren go to. Last night our daughter called...very upset. This morning she had to tell her kids that one of their friends is dead, his sister lost a leg and the mother sustained brain damage. Lots of evil in the world....

EllieGirl 04-16-2013 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Wintersewer (Post 6005521)
The boy who was killed and his sister, who lost a leg, go to the same school that my grandchildren go to. Last night our daughter called...very upset. This morning she had to tell her kids that one of their friends is dead, his sister lost a leg and the mother sustained brain damage. Lots of evil in the world....

That is horrible. It makes it more real when it hits close to home. I think this family's story is the most heartbreaking.

Carol Ann 04-16-2013 11:28 AM

My friend Andrea ran the marathon yesterday, she just crossed the finish line at 2:47 pm and was approximately 100 yards when the first BOMB exploded at 2:49 pm. Thank God she's OK!! All her friends who ran with her are OK. We both live approximately thirty miles from Boston, she in Foxboro and I live in Mansfield. God Bless America!!

cr12cats 04-16-2013 01:02 PM

That was so terrible it beyond words. I wonder though that those doing these type of attacks on innocent unarmed and unsuspecting people realize that we consider them the COWARDS of the world. also--- I better stop here.

nygal 04-16-2013 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by mjhaess (Post 6005421)
It is so sad what our world has become.....I told a friend that it hurts me to think that my grandchildren will never know the feeling of safety that I knew growing up....we are living in a world that has gone crazy......

I feel as you do. When I was a child I could play outside alone!! I use to walk uptown as a young teenager to go buy my favorite "Tiger Beat" magazine. I don't even let my 10 yr. old granddaughter walk to our mail box across the street without me being right outside the door watching her. It's a very different world than it was and it's not going to get better. I know about The End Times as predicted in the book of Revelation. So that is Good News!

EllieGirl 04-16-2013 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by nygal (Post 6006122)
I feel as you do. When I was a child I could play outside alone!! I use to walk uptown as a young teenager to go buy my favorite "Tiger Beat" magazine. I don't even let my 10 yr. old granddaughter walk to our mail box across the street without me being right outside the door watching her. It's a very different world than it was and it's not going to get better. I know about The End Times as predicted in the book of Revelation. So that is Good News!

My daughters, 36 & 34, live in the same neighborhood they grew up in. There was a street behind us and there was only one entrance into the area, so basically the only people who drove up there lived up there. About a mile down the street was a pizza parlor. When the kids were 10-11 years old we thought nothing of letting them walk there. About three miles away is a bike path that goes across the city. When the kids were in middle school we let them ride there bikes to the bike trail and ride by themselves. They live within half a mile of the elementary school where they attended and walked home from as first and second graders. My oldest grandson will start kindergarten in August. There is no way that child will walk to or from school. Nothing is safe anymore!

Gannyrosie 04-16-2013 04:37 PM

@monstookie, I have not stopped praying and asking "why." My eldest daughter graduated from BU and I visisted every spring break. I love the city, the history, and the Sox's. We may never know why someone or someone's felt they needed to do this. There is always good that comes out of any tragedy, hopefully we may all find peace one day.

trolleystation 04-16-2013 05:38 PM

This is a 'nightmare'. The days of feeling completely safe in the USA are over.........................

Momo 04-17-2013 09:42 AM

Somehow this reminds me of 911 and now comes the letters with the poison in them.
Oh, the mention of 911 reminds me of a book I just read: The Harbingers. It is an amazing book. Had to do with 911. That's all I will say about the book. No one has paid me to push the book and I can't even recall the author's name.