Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Boston Terrier owners (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/boston-terrier-owners-t90733.html)

bodie358 01-15-2011 09:35 AM

Maybe it's because one owns me but I seem to see more Boston Terrier dogs as avatars than any other breed here on the board. What kind of dog owns you?

bj 01-15-2011 09:41 AM

I have a boxer and my grandson's Schnoodle is here with us for a bit. :D

bodie358 01-15-2011 09:42 AM

Schnauzer poodle? Sounds adorable and I just know he/she is smart as a whip. Both breeds are extremely intelligent.

bakermom 01-15-2011 09:43 AM

Labrador retriever! and my DS's beagle!
My aunt and uncle always had Boston terriers. They were the smartest things! my uncle was disabled so he had time to work with them. the tricks those dogs could do!

Cyn 01-15-2011 09:46 AM

We lost our 2 bostons years ago but have a Jack Russell and a beagle now! I've got to start saving slow calm dogs :) Our beagle is the closet I have ever had to a normal energy dog- lol. Thank goodness all our dogs have always been very respectful of all our cats :)

bodie358 01-15-2011 09:46 AM

I have had dogs all my life but my boston Winston is the smartest of all. I taught him tricks starting when he was 3 months old. Within a month he could roll over, crawl, sit up and beg, shake, dance, spin in cirles and dribble a tennis ball with his feet. I dont think there is any limit to the number of things this dog can learn.

happymrs 01-15-2011 09:55 AM

Beagle, rescued off the side of the river here. She was around 1.5 then, & is 12 now
Jack/Chi...Jack Russell/Chihuahua/DH's pup
Co/Jack...Corgi/Jack Russell, my baby...

We had a very much loved Jack/Shit...Jack Russell/Shitzu, age 6.5. but lost him last May while on vacation. Liver & spleen swelled, they took the spleen out, but still couldn't save him, unfortunately. Got home vacation & decided we needed another pup, then we both found one we liked, at different rescue shelters, hence, two new pups, & what characters they are!
Grew up with a Boston Bull, what a character she was, great dogs!

Ramona Byrd 01-15-2011 09:55 AM

No dogs now, all our beautiful friends have gone on to the Rainbow Bridge to wait for us. Two rescue cats now, but if another
dog it would be another Doberman for a friend, companion and guard. Driving alone with a big Doberman in the car is a satisfying thing to do.

Used to have a Boston when we lived in Albuquerque, Pepper was her name which really described her temperament. Hot tempered and always bounced when she walked, could jump as high or higher than any cat. She would walk around at bed time dragging her blanket whining and wanting someone to come cover her up...on my bed.

AtHomeSewing 01-15-2011 09:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
We have three boxers and last year rescued a young Boston girl. What a hoot she is! Full of mischief and lots of fun, and yes VERY smart! We're totally enjoying her.

bodie358 01-15-2011 10:22 AM

Very cute! I have a Wire Fox Terrier too. The trainer in his obediance class had a boxer named Yoda. Wonderful dog, he would sit in the middle of the circle during classes and never move a muscle. I hear that they are great with kids.