Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Bringing out the Stupid Stick again...... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/bringing-out-stupid-stick-again-t20577.html)

Ducky 05-26-2009 06:59 AM

Yes, GaiGai, I thought the same thing. I've already put requests to DIL and her mother and my daughter to email me photos. My husband said he will buy me an external hard drive for my photos. I'll have to check out those sites, Ninnie. Thanks. Darn it all! I had some really great photos, too. Well, I keep telling myself that there are certainly more devastating things in this life than losing photos.

RedGarnet222 05-26-2009 07:03 AM

Ducky ... I know you don't need insult to injury, so I won't send you the stupid stick. Maybe there will be a chance, since so many other people were able to retrieve thiers.

I am going to save some of mine onto a disk today. I have it backed up, but you never know.

ScubaK 05-26-2009 08:05 AM

I have an external hard drive that I back my things onto. I also burn a CD of my stuff so I have it 3 ways.
:-o
Who knows when a computer will crash!
K

k3n 05-26-2009 08:08 AM

oh I'm sorry Ducky! I hope you get your pics back one way or another. I'm NOT going to beat you with a stupid stick though - bloomin computers SHOULDN'T crash!

K x

sewsewquilter 05-26-2009 08:11 AM

That's horrible Ducky! I feel really bad for you. That is so sad.

But you did remind me I need to copy everything to a disk. I hope you don't have to bring out the stupid stick for me.

Shemjo 05-26-2009 08:14 AM

My computer hard drive died not too long ago, but I had not erased my photos off the little disk, so I didn't lose the current ones! Now I just have to figure out how to retrieve the old ones from a disk that isn't reading right now! :?

SaraSewing 05-26-2009 09:52 AM

That same thing happened to me. I got a computer guru to save all the files on a flash drive. Yippee. Now I'm pretty emphatic about getting things onto a disc for permanent use or a flash to keep manipulating data. Worth a try!

Jim's Gem 05-26-2009 10:12 AM

We have a separate hard drive that the whole family downloads into now and then. We havn't transferred anything from this main computer in a while. Maybe we had better do that soon before.........
I'm sorry you lost it all, how you can somehow retrieve it again.

mkanderson 05-26-2009 10:19 AM

Same thing happened to me and now I put all my pictures on a site called SNAPFISH. As soon as I download them from the camera! When it crashed and I had it fixed went to Snapfish and ordered the CD. Now they back on there.
Storage is free and unlimited on Snapfish except for a fee or ordering at least one time a year. I bought several dollars worth when they had a sale for 8 cents a copy so now I just pay postage for a while!
Mary

Ducky 05-26-2009 10:33 AM

Snapfish stores and prints photos? I didn't know that. My husband is checking out the prices of external hard drives.