Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Brrr! This is Cold for Arkansas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/brrr-cold-arkansas-t33552.html)

marsye 01-08-2010 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by ljsunflower
Marsye, is that the real temp at your house? If so, you'd better have the heat cranked up! That's cold!!

YES!! On my back porch about 6am this morning and gonna be colder tonight!!!! My wood is burning and the house heat is going too!! :thumbup:

marsye 01-08-2010 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by sewNso
i don't know how you all did that. i think lower central michigan has just gotton down to 10 degrees F. and that was for just 2 or 3 nites. a couple weeks back. yes, there are cold fronts coming down out of canada and going straight south to Mo and Ark. where are you from Blytheville? lived there for l0 yrs as a military brat.

I live in Mena. :D

beckyw 01-08-2010 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by QBeth

Originally Posted by marsye
OUCH!

Your picture of the thermometer is too graphic!

It must be banned and done away with.

Especially considering all your cold weather is headed my way this weekend. :( If anything, this weather is a good reason to keep quilting -- keeping North America warm!

Please keep the cold when it gets to your part of the country. We would like the weather to stay above 20 here.

Diamonds 01-08-2010 10:58 AM

i don't know how you all did that. i think lower central michigan has just gotton down to 10 degrees F. and that was for just 2 or 3 nites. a couple weeks back. yes, there are cold fronts coming down out of canada and going straight south to Mo and Ark. where are you from Blytheville? lived there for l0 yrs as a military brat.

I am close to you.. I live on Lake Greeson in Daisy.. It needs to warm up down here :lol:

MNQuilter 01-08-2010 11:31 AM

The news this morning said it was -0 here! :) Supposed to get up to 5 degrees but a warm up startign Sunday! Into the 30's! I'm so excited to get the kids OUT of the house. Hate the frigid cold this time of year!

shaverg 01-08-2010 11:44 AM

Marsye, that is cold. Is that relaxed puppy on you Avitar really you cute puppy.

marsye 01-08-2010 12:00 PM

[quote=Diamonds]

I am close to you.. I live on Lake Greeson in Daisy.. It needs to warm up down here :lol:

Howdy neighbor! :thumbup:

marsye 01-08-2010 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by shaverg
Marsye, that is cold. Is that relaxed puppy on you Avitar really you cute puppy.

No but I wish he was!! Ain't he a cutie!! :thumbup:
I stole it off Google but don't tell! :|

littlehud 01-08-2010 02:43 PM

We are supposed to get down to -22 tonight. That's way to cold for me.

janRN 01-08-2010 02:49 PM

It's cold here, too, about 14 for the high but what's driving me nuts is the snow. It's snowed everyday since Christmas. Just 1-2 inches at a time but like every few hours. We did get 7 inches since this morning on top of our previous snow. I'm so tired of shoveling three or four times a day and having to clean off my car before and after work. It's never going to quit!! (sorry-I'm getting very whiney! LOL)