Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Bucket Lists (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/bucket-lists-t194586.html)

TanyaL 07-14-2012 07:06 AM

Bucket Lists

Do you have a bucket list? What is it? When do you want to have it accomplished? Let's share!

mic-pa 07-14-2012 08:32 AM

I don't have one so far but you did get me thinking. However I do have several quilts I would like to make. Will never live long enough to do them. LOL

QuiltnNan 07-14-2012 08:57 AM

I've already done everything on mine. Now, life is an adventure with all the [good and bad] surprises that arrive on my doorstep :)

tesspug 07-14-2012 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 5364024)
I've already done everything on mine. Now, life is an adventure with all the [good and bad] surprises that arrive on my doorstep :)

Lucky lady. I want to go to Scotland. We had a trip planned, but my mother got ill and we couldn't go. We just retired so I'm thinking next year is it. And I want to make a 1930's retro print sampler quilt.

Joset 07-14-2012 10:03 AM

wow besides the four quilts i need to finish. i have no idea
where to start. lots of them.

Sandra in Minnesota 07-14-2012 11:13 AM

I am fortunate. Been out and in this country, done what I wanted when I was younger and unmarried. Married a man who didn't care to travel much, but saw a lot of the US. Really not much of anything left that I really want to do. I am content.

momto5 07-14-2012 04:12 PM

I have been very fortunate too...I've been all over the US and Canada, and last year my DS and DDIL saw to it that I got to go to Italy with her and my DGD...my husband was in the Navy so we traveled more than I really wanted but we met lots of wonderful people along the way and got to do a lot of different things.
My only thing left on my bucket list is that I want to skydive this year...and i will! Oh, and finish all my quilts I want to make...:)

mrs. fitz 07-14-2012 07:10 PM

I want to go back to the apartment in New York City's Lower East Side where I spent the first nine (very happy) years of my life, get inside and look around. So many good childhood memories of our home and the neighborhood.

Sheila_H 07-14-2012 09:11 PM

We have a heavy Irish roots I've been to a few areas where our family is from I'd love to follow up on the rest of the family areas. I'd love to see the pyramids in Egypt I have an aunt that works at the digs over there. A lot of the easier stuff I've already done. I'd give anything to spend a weekend with Amy Butler or Jinny Beyer's!

burchquilts 07-15-2012 12:43 AM

Mine may sound kinda unusual & it's actually something I have NO control over. I want a grandbaby. My DS & DIL so far haven't had any luck (she has "female problems") & my DD just got engaged, so that may take a while (plus she's a lawyer so who knows if she even wants to have kids). I've always wanted to be a grandmother. Is that too weird?

And I want to go back to the Minneapolis Institure of Art with my family. And make a zillion quilts. And weigh 100 pounds again.