Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bucket Lists

Bucket Lists

Do you have a bucket list? What is it? When do you want to have it accomplished? Let's share!

I don't have one so far but you did get me thinking. However I do have several quilts I would like to make. Will never live long enough to do them. LOL

Blog Entries
    I've already done everything on mine. Now, life is an adventure with all the [good and bad] surprises that arrive on my doorstep
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    I've already done everything on mine. Now, life is an adventure with all the [good and bad] surprises that arrive on my doorstep
    Lucky lady. I want to go to Scotland. We had a trip planned, but my mother got ill and we couldn't go. We just retired so I'm thinking next year is it. And I want to make a 1930's retro print sampler quilt.

wow besides the four quilts i need to finish. i have no idea
    where to start. lots of them.

Blog Entries
    I am fortunate. Been out and in this country, done what I wanted when I was younger and unmarried. Married a man who didn't care to travel much, but saw a lot of the US. Really not much of anything left that I really want to do. I am content.

I have been very fortunate too...I've been all over the US and Canada, and last year my DS and DDIL saw to it that I got to go to Italy with her and my DGD...my husband was in the Navy so we traveled more than I really wanted but we met lots of wonderful people along the way and got to do a lot of different things.
    My only thing left on my bucket list is that I want to skydive this year...and i will! Oh, and finish all my quilts I want to make...
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

I want to go back to the apartment in New York City's Lower East Side where I spent the first nine (very happy) years of my life, get inside and look around. So many good childhood memories of our home and the neighborhood.

We have a heavy Irish roots I've been to a few areas where our family is from I'd love to follow up on the rest of the family areas. I'd love to see the pyramids in Egypt I have an aunt that works at the digs over there. A lot of the easier stuff I've already done. I'd give anything to spend a weekend with Amy Butler or Jinny Beyer's!

Mine may sound kinda unusual & it's actually something I have NO control over. I want a grandbaby. My DS & DIL so far haven't had any luck (she has "female problems") & my DD just got engaged, so that may take a while (plus she's a lawyer so who knows if she even wants to have kids). I've always wanted to be a grandmother. Is that too weird?

And I want to go back to the Minneapolis Institure of Art with my family. And make a zillion quilts. And weigh 100 pounds again.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    I had zipling on my list and just did it....the only other thing left is t travel to to Spain, England, Italy, Ireland and many more countries...My husband hates to travel so not sure if I will get a chance.

Well, to celebrate my 65th birthday, my five granddaughters and I rode the Maid of the Mist. Lived 20 miles from Niagara Falls all my life and never did it...it was awsome...that will start my "bucket list". I alway tell people that I have to make something with all my fabric....I will have to live a long, long time....lol

Blog Entries
    No bucket list -for 2 reasons A) I'm happy when I finish anything in a timely manner and B) I'd lose the dang list: )

Last week on vacation, I checked off two things on mine....I kayaked in the ocean and I went shelling and swimming at Sanibel Island, known all over the world as a great shelling island. Had fun!!!! What's left is to cruise Alaska and snorkel in the Mediterranean. As for my quilting bucket list....where do I start? If I bothered to write it down, it would probably have a thousand quilts and techniques on it. Besides, as Stitchit123 said, then I'd lose it.
    Mistakes are just opportunities to invent a new quilting technique!

Don't really have a list, just constantly see stuff I want to make!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

None for me. I just try to be happy every day. Most times it works.

The last thing on my list was to fly first class. just one trip not in the "cattle car". In June I flew from Louisville to Alaska in style. Other than two quilts I am still assembling material for, that was it.

I really don't have a Bucket List either. I am happy to let one day at a time come and meet the surprises come as He sends them.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

My only thing on my list is get out of this house and move on. Other than that we are content to stay home after traveling when we were younger. I spent summers with family in germany, and went to switzerland,austria,italy,lichenstein,yugosalvia (that was what it was called back then),Lived in Hawaii for 4 years gone back and forth the usa from california to n.c, colorado,norfolk va and maryland and now we live in kansas. we just got back from a am trac train from here to los angeles. We get the roomette and love travel by train when we need to travel. when you go that way it includes meals and refreshments. Dh being in the navy also saw parts of europe and the
    far east and did bahrain,desertstorm(iraq)and places in that area, also vietnam, thailand singapore ect.So other than going to see the kids we don't care to travel unless we have to. Also did plenty of camping so now the only camping I want to do comes with room service. LOL I have to admit If quilting counts as a bucket list I hav to many projects for this lifetime too like many others here.

I don't have a bucket list. I was fortunate and did a lot of things when I was younger and in better shape. I captained a sailing charter boat in the US Virgin Islands and on Galveston Bay in Texas. Lived aboard my sailboat and traveled around for about 15 years. Nine years ago my husband had a stroke and then open heart surgery about a year after that, so it was time to move off the boat and back to land. I'm OK with that. Now I raise a vegetable garden, and quilt and have a piano room, so still busy and fulfilled, just doing different things.
    When a dying man asked his pastor "How long does it take to die?" his pastor's heartfelt reply was "A lifetime." Live life to the fullest, but stop now and then to enjoy the sunset.
    Lynda

I've been fortunate to travel inside the USA and to Europe when I was younger. I'm content now to just make quilts and sing in a choir. Can't walk any more, so swimming has to be my exercise outlet. I still love to cook and try new recipes, though. And, there are a few stories knocking around in my head, crying to be written down.

I've always wanted to visit all 50 states. I have to visit Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, North Dakota, Maine, Alaska, and Hawaii, and I'll have reached all 50.

My bucket list includes being remembered as a fun grandma, more travels - especially the Holy Lands, a RV trip across the USA, and a 'few' more quilts to make. I accomplished the most important one just recently when my 8 year old DGS told me I was a fun grandma.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in Minnesota View Post
    I am fortunate. Been out and in this country, done what I wanted when I was younger and unmarried. Married a man who didn't care to travel much, but saw a lot of the US. Really not much of anything left that I really want to do. I am content.
    What's with us Minnesota gals????? I am happy just the way I am. I have been where I have wanted to go (this side of the "pond", have no desire to go anywhere else except in Minnesota. I love the Echo Trail, I love Ely, Cook, Buyck, Orr, Lake Mille Lacs, the headwaters of the Mississippi River, the Superior National Forest, Minnehaha Falls. Oh yah, I love Hastings - Treasure Island.......Remember the Spiral Bridge????? And most of all, I love my backyard! I don't need a bucket list. Everything I think I have to do is right here. Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

My best friend always made a big deal over my birthday. After she died I decided to plan something for my birthday every year that I wouldn't ordinarily do in honor of her memory.

The first year I went skydiving. (I only meant to do one, but it turned into 718 skydives over 7 years. Many birthdays after that included skydiving trips.) I've milked a cow, gone to Disneyland in California, took a quilt bootcamp in Colorado...

I'd still like to ride an elephant and a camel. Riding a donkey down the Grand Canyon has always been on my "want to since I was a kid" list too.

I'll have to keep adding things once these are accomplished. My best friend is worth honoring every year!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast