Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Butterflies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/butterflies-t19541.html)

tlrnhi 04-28-2009 09:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Butterflies, butterflies EVERYWHERE!!
There's a tree or a couple trees in the neighbors yard that just has hundreds of butterflies that always flock to it. I was outside and noticed all of them and HAD to go and get some pictures. They come out black, but they are actually a dark, dark purple. They fly all over my yard, but don't go into the trees here like they do across the street.

Here they are coming in for a landing. Look close...all the dark spots are butterflies.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31206[/ATTACH]

tlrnhi 04-28-2009 09:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
a couple more

Barb M 04-28-2009 09:46 PM

Oh my gosh Terri! Your photos are So pretty! I love butterflies, but have never seen purple ones like that, i guess you really are living in paradise :)

tlrnhi 04-28-2009 09:48 PM

Barb, I usually have a few try to dive bomb me on the way to my mailbox. I told Courtney to run in the house and change her shirt into something with alot of colors on it so they would land on her, but she wouldn't. I have had a few land on my shoulders at times. Guess they get tired of flying and just need a short ride. lol

I think tomorrow while I am out and waiting for Courtney to get out of work, I'll bring my big camera with me and take some shots. It's supposed to be a nice day, so will hit the beach. Maybe can find a sea cucumber and get it's picture. So, I guess I should bring the underwater camera too, huh?

Barb M 04-28-2009 09:49 PM

Wow! And i hardly ever even see butterflies here!

BlueChicken 04-28-2009 10:29 PM

That's SO cool!!

I love butterflys.... it's a perfect excuse to collect butterly fabric! LOL

tlrnhi 04-28-2009 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
That's SO cool!!

I love butterflys.... it's a perfect excuse to collect butterly fabric! LOL

LOL
I did buy some butterfly fabric today. Bought it BEFORE I saw the butterflies. :)

BlueChicken 04-28-2009 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I did buy some butterfly fabric today. Bought it BEFORE I saw the butterflies. :)

But no one NEEDS to know that! ;-) We'll keep it our little secret! LOL

Celeste 04-29-2009 12:02 AM

I'll bet that looks gorgeous!

You're taking your underwater camera to the beach? Do you think you will find a humuhumunukunukuapua'a to take a picture of? :wink:

tlrnhi 04-29-2009 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Celeste
I'll bet that looks gorgeous!

You're taking your underwater camera to the beach? Do you think you will find a humuhumunukunukuapua'a to take a picture of? :wink:

I dunno Celeste. I might find a trigger fish. lol I'm not planning on swimming, just maybe wading in the water a bit. If I do, will leave the big camera hidden in the van and take the underwater one with me.
Hopefully it will be a nice day. It's rained on and off today. We needed it. My yard is brown and ugly!