Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Calico! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/calico-t230155.html)

Jingle 09-14-2013 05:22 PM

I have an orange and white ,a tortoise shell and a black. All males.

Battle Axe 09-15-2013 04:08 AM

They look well fed and quite content. My two presented me with another mouse last week!!

Retired Fire Chief 09-15-2013 04:47 AM

Your calicos are beautiful, love that their orange is striped. So very sweet. I don't have any calicos, but my four cats are special anyway.

dd 09-15-2013 04:54 AM

I have a very fluffy calico. I'm told she's part Maine Coon and weighs about 12-13 lbs. She seems to weigh a ton next to the gray tiger who only weighs about 9 lbs. She thinks I belong to her and follows me from room to room to make sure I'm behaving, I guess. She must be in the bathroom when I shower or she stands at the door and scratches & hollers. She likes to be petted but not held. I have always liked calicos but my grandparents didn't. Calicos mean too many kittens on the farm.

daisylil 09-15-2013 05:16 AM

we in the uk tend to call all cats with that colouring and white belly Tortoiseshells

Maggiemay 09-15-2013 06:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is Sunny, my 16 year old tortoise shell calico. She endured a cross country move this summer- plane ride, hotel, temporary housing. She came through like a champ! She is my little quilting buddy too.

MaggieLou 09-15-2013 08:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have two calicos. They are a little ove a year old now. They are sisters but you would never know it by looking at them. Mischief looks like a typical calico. Fluffy looks like she is part calico and maybe tortoiseshell, I'm not sure. I don't have a picture of both together so there are two pics.

MaggieLou 09-15-2013 08:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The picture of Mischief didn't load. Here she is.

caspharm 09-15-2013 08:22 AM

I had a orange tabby female. She was a great cat - she adopted our son (then age 9) when we went to choose a cat at the SFASPCA. She was always watching over him. However, she developed IBS at 13 and after trying a medicine for a month, it worked at first, then stopped - we had to put her down.

We just lost our blue and white tabby last year. She was about 20 (another pound baby) and starting to loose weight and have senior moments. Right now we are pet-less, thinking about doing some traveling in the future and don't want to have to worry about pet sitters.

My son (now age 27) adopted a cat while stationed in Spain, who looks to be a Siamese-Tortie mix. She has the points and eyes of a Siamese, but her body is tortie with Siamese undercolors (cream). She's a real character. She loves to rub against his face and hug him.

Seaside gal 09-15-2013 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954 (Post 6291877)
No not fabric. Show me your calico cats. I have five cats and two are calicos. Molly Jean and Callie Jane. Four years old on April 13th.

Your kitties are so beautiful. I love calicoes. And all the other color cats too. :)