Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Calling all Lee Childs fans (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/calling-all-lee-childs-fans-t204493.html)

DogHouseMom 10-29-2012 03:13 PM

I feel your pain. Even if they made everyone around him stand in a hole, Cruise doesn't have the "Reach".

debbieumphress 10-29-2012 03:25 PM

I"m thinking more like Matthew Mcconngay or Ryan Phillips... Oh my...Little Tom....wrong..so wrong...
Jason from General Hospital just quit the show....he would be awesome....

sewNso 10-29-2012 03:32 PM

i've read them all except the last 3. but am reading 'wanted man' right now. tom is definitly not my idea of reacher. likewise, when i heard about the initial casting i was very dissapointed. i find an author i like, then usually read lots of his books.

nativetexan 10-29-2012 07:28 PM

Oh i get so frustrated how they keep giving Cruise roles he shouldn't get.

SunlitenSmiles 10-30-2012 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 5621995)
We've been fuming about that for some time now. It's not just the height - Tom C doesn't have the attitude either. And he's just not that great an actor.

it makes me furious...have read all the books.....yeck.TC is not ...not even if the remainder of the cast was 4'11" and under and the sets were miniature...................

Jason (GH) would be perfect,kelly Monaco is so cute on DWTS

Ladyjanedoe 10-30-2012 02:55 AM

I've read the books and although the casting may seem shocking I'm going to reserve my judgement until I see the film. I remember people having absolute fits when Reese Witherspoon was set to play June Carter Cash. She went on to win an Oscar and give an absolutely fabulous performance.

I think some people are inclined to comment on Cruise more because of his lifestyle choices. The last Mission Impossible movie was quite good and he at least does most ,if not all , of his own stunts.

I think if we can suspend our beliefs to allow the wonderful but extremely old Liam Niesson and Harrison Ford to explore action hero roles then why not Tom Cruise?

gollytwo 10-30-2012 03:23 AM

Matt Damon or Dennis Quade would have been better choices.
And, for me Ladyjanedoe has it right: I was never a Cruise fan and his life story hasn't helped.

star619 10-30-2012 03:56 AM

I agree!!! Maybe we could start a petition! To paraphrase a politician of a past election, "I know Jack Reacher, and you're no Jack Reacher!" :(

chance 10-30-2012 04:04 AM

I see Joaquin Phoenix - strong, silent, rough and mysterious. Love Reacher character.

AUQuilter 10-30-2012 05:12 AM

The local paper ran a story about Tom (and family-before divorce) when he was in Pittsburgh filming the movie. DH read the article and then turned to me and said, "Who would have chosen him to be Reacher?" This is one we are not headed out to see. If you like Lee Child, you may also try Vince Flynn's (Mitch Rapp) and my favorite, Daniel Silva (Gabe Allon).