Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Calling all Proud Grandparents, come out and share... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/calling-all-proud-grandparents-come-out-share-t24566.html)

Minda 08-25-2009 04:15 PM

My grandson used to say 'chudder' instead of 'each other'.
(Let's share our toys with 'chudder'.)

My 3 year old granddaughter calls pretzels 'bats'. We have no idea why.

Mousie 08-25-2009 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Minda
My grandson used to say 'chudder' instead of 'each other'.
(Let's share our toys with 'chudder'.)

My 3 year old granddaughter calls pretzels 'bats'. We have no idea why.

maybe they look like wings? :lol: cute.
chudder, I like that...think I will use it on hubby...kind of like a new Jeff Foxworthy, redneck word or something :wink:

Mousie 08-25-2009 07:07 PM

I need to learn how to 'stickling' on my little machine, lol! :lol:

these are all sooo cute...auntie whiskey :shock:
wasn't she a neighbor that made 'recipe' and kept it in her cellar, on the Waltons?

Barbm 08-26-2009 04:27 AM

I think I do stickling right now- some days it doesn't look like stippling. I just stuck something on it. :)

adyldrop 08-26-2009 08:07 AM

my aunt and mom love telling me that when i was little my favorite restaurant was " booger king"--still pretty high up there and when i sang the alphabet and got to 'w' it was bubba-do. my aunt 'fixed' that much to my mother's dismay so my mom then returned the favor with my cousin later on. My twin cousins used to try to tell my their doll was potty training but it sounded like 'chi-chi pot potty' and 'chicken pot pie'. ooh i'd tease them so much---chicken pot pie? really? where? and they keep repeating no! chi-chi pot potty!! They couldn't pronounce my aunt's name (aunt kathy) so they called her aunt khaki--which i still do. and the twins called me whissa, which aunt khaki, uncle steve and my cousin matt-choo still call me. i know there's more.....

nellebelles 08-26-2009 08:35 AM

I thought of some more--my kids (it's okay to use kids too, right, not just grandkids???) used to say instead of Skippers Fish and Chowder House--Skipper's Fish and Chobber Hops. And when we had macaroni and cheese for dinner, I usually fixed green beans too. They called that 'roni-beans.
My granddaughter Abby used to say whoot paste instead of toothpaste. She also called fingernails, ponernails. Not sure where those came from.
I'm still thinking--I'm sure I'll have more...

Jim's Gem 08-26-2009 08:40 AM

When my 4th child came along we had to get a bigger car. Since we did a lot of moving with the Navy we bought a Suburban (still have it 20 1/2 years later) We were at church and talking about an event and my then 4 year daughter came up to me in a group and asked if we could bring the "burbon" again on the picnic. I got some really funny looks.

Jim's Gem 08-26-2009 08:43 AM

Another we still laugh about is when my kids were younger I always had the Christian Radio station playing and we heard programs from several different speakers and preachers. During our move to where we live now my 5 year old son saw a Carls Jr Restaurant and said "look mom, there's Chuck Swindolls"

Mousie 08-26-2009 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by nellebelles
I thought of some more--my kids (it's okay to use kids too, right, not just grandkids???) used to say instead of Skippers Fish and Chowder House--Skipper's Fish and Chobber Hops. And when we had macaroni and cheese for dinner, I usually fixed green beans too. They called that 'roni-beans.
My granddaughter Abby used to say whoot paste instead of toothpaste. She also called fingernails, ponernails. Not sure where those came from.
I'm still thinking--I'm sure I'll have more...

chobber hops...LOL...love it!!!
ALL KIDS SAYINGS, WELCOME HEEERRREEE!!! mousie trying to say in a bigger voice, bc she's short...nelle, just keep 'em coming.

This isn't a saying, but DD #2, at ages 3+4, used to run up behind her daddy, and latch onto his back, jean pockets, and 'swing' back and to...of course, this meant, he better spread 'em real quick, for the ride! :D
DD#3, the youngest, thought our oldest was adopted and told ppl that. We have no idea why! We still laugh about it. :lol:

Deara 08-27-2009 06:39 AM

My GD Katie calls Hand Sanitizer, Sand Hanitizer. :lol:

Deara