Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Calling all Proud Grandparents, come out and share... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/calling-all-proud-grandparents-come-out-share-t24566.html)

lynnie 06-10-2017 04:24 PM

when my son, now 27 was about 2, he called me 'me me' and my mom 'momma'.
one day, about 10 yrs ago, we were driving down the street whenit occurd to me he was saying mommy, and grandma. boy, did i feel stupid

Endora 06-10-2017 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 7841259)
when my son, now 27 was about 2, he called me 'me me' and my mom 'momma'.
one day, about 10 yrs ago, we were driving down the street whenit occurd to me he was saying mommy, and grandma. boy, did i feel stupid

Lynnie. Trying to decipher a young child's language has got to be one of the hardest things a mom has to do. :)

Teddybear Lady 06-10-2017 10:05 PM

When our son, who will be 37 in a couple of weeks, was little he stayed with my mom and dad a lot on Friday nights. She called me one time because she couldn't understand what he wanted and he was crying. She told me he wanted..."waygo box". She would repeat to him what he said but it made him cry more. Finally she called me in desperation. I told her "waygo box" was "Lego blocks?". She said that to him and he quit crying and said "yes". haha

Teddybear Lady 06-10-2017 10:06 PM

Our son also called his elbow, elboy. I don't know where he got that.

QuiltMom2 06-11-2017 03:47 AM

Linguistic evolution: "breakfast" started out as "bwa" changed to more of a word for "snack" "biddi bah" and finally "snack" has become "bee-bah" The latest word is the ever popular "Why?" used to drive generations of parents/grandparents crazy!!

Endora 06-11-2017 04:21 AM

Keep them coming, ladies. These are wonderful.

Makes me feel young again. :)

Jane Quilter 06-11-2017 04:46 AM

A couple of church funnies:
My daughter called the passing of the sacrament, "snack-ra-ment" (where we each take one piece of bread) and last Sunday, which was fast Sunday, I heard her 3 year old son say too loudly, "I'm hungry" .....which probably everyone was thinking. Then, when the sacrament was passed, and the church was very quiet, I heard his little voice squeal with delight, "I got two!"

A dinner experience at Meme's served 3yr old GS his first baked beans. He shuddered as they went down. When Pop-pop asked him if he wanted more, he said, "no , they make me shake"

This same 3yr old GS, because his annunciation is poor, his sister does most of the "translating". I'm not crazy about that helpfulness, so i look him in the eye and say "show me" and he does, and it works. But when he gets excited, he comes running to me yelling, " show me, Meme, show me" and pulls me where he wants me. (I love that little boy). Thank goodness they live next door!

Endora 06-11-2017 10:31 AM

LOL, Jane Quilter!

I refer to it as double-joy, where us moms get pleasure birthing our children, then a secondary (and long-term pleasure) out of their characters and nature.

SewingSew 06-12-2017 06:57 AM

With my daughter, shampoo was panshoo, yogurt was yogrit, her cousin Rique Lynn was Rickaleein. To my Grandson, I have always been Gigi instead of Grandma. Grandpa was known as Geepaw, and his Nana is called Kneeknee.

Endora 06-12-2017 12:40 PM

So sweet, SewingSew!

One of my nephews used to call me, Auntie Moo-too (for Margaret). I have no idea how he came up with that one!