Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Calling all Proud Grandparents, come out and share... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/calling-all-proud-grandparents-come-out-share-t24566.html)

Endora 06-10-2017 07:25 AM

These are hilarious.

Pop-a-pants, was rubber pants in our house. To this day I have not a clue as to how that one came about. Maybe me sticking the pins in the diapers (in my sons eyes), I was popping the pants!

canmitch1971 06-10-2017 07:48 AM

My granddaughter could not say grampa....she called him Happy and it stuck....now everybody calls him Happy
My son could not say caterpillar....he called it a tolerpitter

Endora 06-10-2017 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by canmitch1971 (Post 7840937)
My granddaughter could not say grampa....she called him Happy and it stuck....now everybody calls him Happy
My son could not say caterpillar....he called it a tolerpitter

Awww......

Chasing Hawk 06-10-2017 08:45 AM

With the kids were younger....

Back pack was pack pack
Turtle was Teo
Favorite quilt was Binkie
My youngest daughter loved her Walkman. She would listen to only Elvis and dance in the backyard.

When a friend's baby dropped their pacifier. They dropped their Nuk Nuk

Faintly Artistic 06-10-2017 09:08 AM

A friend offered my children Wrigley's gum, they heard wriggly scum.

Endora 06-10-2017 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 7840965)
With the kids were younger....

Back pack was pack pack
Turtle was Teo
Favorite quilt was Binkie
My youngest daughter loved her Walkman. She would listen to only Elvis and dance in the backyard.

When a friend's baby dropped their pacifier. They dropped their Nuk Nuk

Always "soother" in our house, and the same when my siblings were little.

Another I remember, baba, for bottle.

Panking, for spanking. Please don't pank me mommy, while they covered their behinds with both hands.

Chasing Hawk 06-10-2017 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Endora (Post 7840979)
Always "soother" in our house, and the same when my siblings were little.

Another I remember, baba, for bottle.

Panking, for spanking. Please don't pank me mommy, while they covered their behinds with both hands.

Mine would say Baba too.
Nana was Bananas, funny.....The grand-kids in Missouri call me Nana.....Do they know something I don't know.......LOL

Endora 06-10-2017 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 7840990)
Mine would say Baba too.
Nana was Bananas, funny.....The grand-kids in Missouri call me Nana.....Do they know something I don't know.......LOL

LOL! So sweet.

sewbizgirl 06-10-2017 09:51 AM

When my daughter couldn't eat all her food, she said it was because it was "too big a much."

Endora 06-10-2017 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7841000)
When my daughter couldn't eat all her food, she said it was because it was "too big a much."

LOL! I was changing the diapers of one of my sons one evening, and as the rubber pants were coming down his legs, out was tumbling a number of green peas from the nights supper. I've never forgotten it.