Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Calling all Proud Grandparents, come out and share... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/calling-all-proud-grandparents-come-out-share-t24566.html)

Rose Marie 06-10-2017 10:52 AM

I live in Show Low AZ with lots of trees. My GGD says she wants to go see gamma in the twees.
My son used to call the sun, the hot moon. caterpillars were catapiggules.
Wish I could remember all the words they said.
Be sure to write down memorable things your youngest say.

Endora 06-10-2017 10:55 AM

I wish I could remember, too, Rose. Gets even harder the older one gets.

LenaBeena 06-10-2017 11:21 AM

Have no idea why, but son called caterpillars (the big dirt moving machines) bodawackers and would sing "When they begin to say feel star ting!" When in Pre-school at church our daughter told us all the angels in Heaven had fish tanks. Finally figured that one out.. the girl assisting was singing the old song Age of Aquarius (angels aquariums). Our son loved to eat "marconi and ches" and our daughter liked gicky (chicken). I called my Aunt Louise, Aunt Sueese forever! Love :)

Endora 06-10-2017 11:26 AM

Oh, I am loving these so much! :)

Reminds me of the old days, or at least the older days.

One of my daughters used to say foo-foo for everything stinky or dirty. Foo-foo mommy... foo-foo.

cathyvv 06-10-2017 11:31 AM

Mokercycle for motercycle, counter-kitchens instead of kitchen counters, back-horse riding instead of horseback riding, "Beer" instead of "please" - never could figure out that one, pickle for popsicle, pineapple for apple pie...

Endora 06-10-2017 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by cathyvv (Post 7841060)
Mokercycle for motercycle, counter-kitchens instead of kitchen counters, back-horse riding instead of horseback riding, "Beer" instead of "please" - never could figure out that one, pickle for popsicle, pineapple for apple pie...

LOL! Trying to think of more...

Trisher 06-10-2017 04:08 PM

Toyota Corolla was Toyota Gorilla...

Can we go to Mrs. Donalds for supper...

Cement mixer was an 'oh-dee-oh'

Up from the grave he arose was lustily belted out as 'up from the gravy - a rose!'

'Don we now our day old pharoh' (don we now our gay apparel)

Troll the ancient you'll die Carol (troll the ancient yuletide carol)

... and I wish I had written them all down!

Endora 06-10-2017 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Trisher (Post 7841235)
Toyota Corolla was Toyota Gorilla...

Can we go to Mrs. Donalds for supper...

Cement mixer was an 'oh-dee-oh'

Up from the grave he arose was lustily belted out as 'up from the gravy - a rose!'

'Don we now our day old pharoh' (don we now our gay apparel)

Troll the ancient you'll die Carol (troll the ancient yuletide carol)

... and I wish I had written them all down!

Those are great, Trisher! LOL! Love the cement mixer one! Wish I had written them down, too.

Wonnie 06-10-2017 04:17 PM

When my Granddaughter was small she couldn't say Grandmother so I became Guya which later became
Gundmudder before finally becoming Grams.

Endora 06-10-2017 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Wonnie (Post 7841246)
When my Granddaughter was small she couldn't say Grandmother so I became Guya which later became
Gundmudder before finally becoming Grams.

Awww... no matter how a child says things, the innocence of them warms the heart. :)