Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Can someone recommend a good face cream for dry skin? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/can-someone-recommend-good-face-cream-dry-skin-t275734.html)

Geri B 02-15-2016 05:20 AM

Coconut oil....years ago I knew a professional model who said she and her friends( models too) used crisco to remove their makeup and Vaseline or olive oil as face cream/moisturizers.

I use vaseline on my feet..slip on a pair of white socks. Coconut oil on face and whatever parts need it!

misspriss 02-15-2016 05:23 AM

Coconut oil.

coopah 02-15-2016 05:54 AM

Read the ingredients. If a product contains cetyl alcohol...it is drying. I find Shea butter in a product helps and haven't tried coconut oil yet, but hear it's good.

quiltin-nannie 02-15-2016 07:28 AM

I've been using Original Oil of Olay on my face for years. I'm 65 and don't have any wrinkles. Of course, I stay out of the sun, as that is very hard on your face skin. My mom used Oil of Olay and when she died at 92, she had hardly any wrinkles at all. I figure if it worked for her, it'll work for me! I use Aveeno everywhere else.

Vir 02-15-2016 07:43 AM

I use Oil of Olay (known as Oil of Old Lady to my daughters). There is a sensitive skin/fragrance free version. I've been using it since I was 18 - am 67 now and practically wrinkle-free.

Vir 02-15-2016 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by quiltin-nannie (Post 7466235)
I've been using Original Oil of Olay on my face for years. I'm 65 and don't have any wrinkles. Of course, I stay out of the sun, as that is very hard on your face skin. My mom used Oil of Olay and when she died at 92, she had hardly any wrinkles at all. I figure if it worked for her, it'll work for me! I use Aveeno everywhere else.

ME TOO ! I have severe psoriatic arthritis and was taken off all medications a year ago (mild liver issue). Have been using Aveeno Baby Calming Lotion with lavender and vanilla since then. Works wonders!

nena 02-15-2016 08:30 AM

olive oil. I tried coconut oil liked it, but olive oil is better for me.

rjwilder 02-15-2016 09:10 AM

Better question might be what are you washing your face with? Soap can be very drying. I have eczema and I use Aveeno products and have had great results. I have also used Equate's brand of Oil of Olay. My skin was so dry it looked like I had dandruff of the face. Look down the skin care aisle at Wal-Mart, Target or any drug store and read the labels. Anything with alcohol avoid it unless you plan on drinking it.

tenngal 02-15-2016 10:14 AM

I'm a Ponds girl too! Mom used it and had just a few wrinkles when she passed at the age of 76.

tessagin 02-15-2016 11:35 AM

I hate when I get down to the bottom of a container. I buy the travel containers with the snap/pop on lids and just refill when I need.