Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Can we have a "Games" thread and keep this one for "General Chit-Chat? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/can-we-have-games-thread-keep-one-general-chit-chat-t316911.html)

QuiltE 11-25-2021 10:06 AM

Another one here saying ... I don't get it!

Simply put
This forum section is titled ....... "General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)"
Doesn't that tell us that this forum is most anything other than quilting talk?
Thus, if you don't want to see stuff not-about-quilting ... then don't go there!

I never see the games. I enter the Quilting Board via ...

Quiltingboard Forums
or .... via the auto-emails that come when a thread I am subscribed to, has a new post(s)
Subscriptions automatically happen as soon as I post.
Or if I do not want to post, I can manually subscribe.

Maybe this will help some?

SallyS 11-25-2021 10:46 AM

Great idea!!!

sewingpup 11-25-2021 01:12 PM

I assumed as this is a "quiltingboard forum" that the subtopics have something to do with quilting or quilters. And that the subgroup had something to do with what quilters might do other than quilting. So topics like how to stitch on faux fur, and any ideas for a good embroidery book, or stretching exercises during sewing marathons might have a place to be discussed. I don't get the "games" or "jokes about blondies". When someone posts something other then "games" and "blonde jokes", it rapidly gets buried why down the list. Just seemed to me the that "games" and "blonde jokes" have enough volume or traffic to warrant their own special place.

JanieW 11-25-2021 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by sewingpup (Post 8521732)
I assumed as this is a "quiltingboard forum" that the subtopics have something to do with quilting or quilters. And that the subgroup had something to do with what quilters might do other than quilting...

“What quilters might do other than quilting”. Like word games and jokes?

QuiltE 11-25-2021 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by JanieW (Post 8521739)
“What quilters might do other than quilting”. Like word games and jokes?

Here I am again, saying "I don't get it!"
Simply put, I just don't get why quilters should not enjoy games ... and jokes.

Gosh, we'd be pretty boring people if our interests ended ...... in the sewing room!

Watson 11-25-2021 04:44 PM

I think that there so many...it is overwhelming the first quarter of the board when you open it to look for new posts.
When I open The Quilting Board, I'd like to see quilting -related posts and, if I'm interested in the rest I can go and find that.
Watson

"cat"astrophy 11-26-2021 04:10 AM

Me also a definite yes. The games are filling in so much of the blog and I come to see all the fabulous quilts made and helpful information members put out there. I really agree there should be another place for the games.

Annaquilts 11-26-2021 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by illinois (Post 8521655)
Another YES. I spend too much time sorting through the list. This site isn't the one I enjoyed for many years. Now I've forgotten what they called it but, when they put all of this together, the quality of the site went down. Daily Digest? Was that it? I don't go to this to play games! It's about quilting.

Yes, this!

lberna 11-26-2021 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by illinois (Post 8521655)
Another YES. I spend too much time sorting through the list. This site isn't the one I enjoyed for many years. Now I've forgotten what they called it but, when they put all of this together, the quality of the site went down. Daily Digest? Was that it? I don't go to this to play games! It's about quilting.

Again, the description of this General Chit-Chat forum says “non-quilting talk." The Main forum is for all things quilting.

sewingpup 11-26-2021 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by lberna (Post 8521809)
Again, the description of this General Chit-Chat forum says “non-quilting talk." The Main forum is for all things quilting.

OK...I get it. If the topic is "non-quilting talk" it Means "games". Anything else goes into one of the other sections OK..I will start doing that. Now that I understand the rules. I can do that. Maybe a statement could be added to "non-quilting talk AKA Games?)