Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Be careful They got me! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/careful-they-got-me-t83537.html)

cpfrog 12-17-2010 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by mollymct
Ugh! I am so sorry this happened to you! The thieves have been horrible here this year. I am not taking my purse inside the store with me--LEAVING IT IN THE TRUNK! I need to check my cards for that RFID. I guess I need to be checking my bank account more often, too!

Do NOT leave it in the trunk!... anyone can smash the window, hit the button for the trunk lift, and get your purse "hidden" there. ... and ESPECIALLY, do not put it in while in the pkg. lot... those jerks are just waiting at a short distance for the opportunity!!!!! and they probably work in gangs of two's or more!

Carry your cr. cards in tin foil... a pain in the neck to unwrap each time but needed in this sick society. Better yet... send the card back and ORDER the company to send one without those "scanning/bumping" RFID's.

What next????

TN Donna 12-17-2010 11:51 PM

So sorry this happened to you.

mzsooz 12-17-2010 11:51 PM

So sorry you have to go through this!

The thief who steals my credit cards has a shock coming! They are all maxed out. They could get maybe $6.00 :lol: :lol:

luvstitches 12-18-2010 03:28 AM

I just changed my purse to a smaller one with a smaller opening because the one I had before would be wide open, thrown over my shoulder and could never tell if someone were to reach inside and pull out my wallet. It never happened but it was waiting for the day. I have a small wallet that doesn't hold my cc's. They are in another small zip top leather case in another section of my purse.
I'm so sorry you had to go thru this.

ladybug45 12-18-2010 04:37 AM

My dd had her purse stolen out of the cart in the parking lot. She had it in the cart while she was unloading her groceries into the trunk. They just drove by and lifted it out of the cart. Thank God her keys fell out on the ground. She called and put a hold on her phone and her husband went into the store and pulled out the cash that was in her bank account.

They spent about $300 at Kmart with the atm card. This card her picture on the front of it. She is very blond. These were men that used it and they weren't blond.

She didn't have to pay the $300. Had to get new bank acc. and new drivers license.

HisPatchwork 12-18-2010 05:38 AM

Sorry this happened, thanks for the reminder to be extra careful! I will be shopping the next few days.

JJs 12-18-2010 05:48 AM

if the cards were used in the wm where they were stolen - the transactions are on VIDEO and the police should be able to get that info and broadcast it on the nightly news - that's what happens here in Alabama!
Walmarts video EVERYTHING (don't do anything in wm that you don't want the world to see)... the store is on video, the registers are on video, the parking lot is on video...
and your theft is on video...
insist on the police getting that evidence

mollymct 12-18-2010 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by cpfrog

Originally Posted by mollymct
Ugh! I am so sorry this happened to you! The thieves have been horrible here this year. I am not taking my purse inside the store with me--LEAVING IT IN THE TRUNK! I need to check my cards for that RFID. I guess I need to be checking my bank account more often, too!

Do NOT leave it in the trunk!... anyone can smash the window, hit the button for the trunk lift, and get your purse "hidden" there. ... and ESPECIALLY, do not put it in while in the pkg. lot... those jerks are just waiting at a short distance for the opportunity!!!!! and they probably work in gangs of two's or more!

Carry your cr. cards in tin foil... a pain in the neck to unwrap each time but needed in this sick society. Better yet... send the card back and ORDER the company to send one without those "scanning/bumping" RFID's.

What next????

Ooh, good point. I wish I could order groceries and paper towels online! Yikes! I guess I will just leave the purse at home. What a pain!

purrfectquilts 12-18-2010 07:16 AM

I am sorry you had to go through this especially at this time of year.

Question: What is an RFID?

Zephyr 12-18-2010 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by purrfectquilts
I am sorry you had to go through this especially at this time of year.

Question: What is an RFID?

RFID..I haven't figured that out yet either.