Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Carpet cleaner that worked. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/carpet-cleaner-worked-t60453.html)

BellaBoo 08-20-2010 11:31 AM

I have one room with carpet and even though it's not a much used room the carpet gets dirty spots. I bought Awesome Carpet Cleaner and sprayed lightly on the dirty spots. I wet a sponge mop, kept it full of water, and mopped the area with the spots. The spots (really dirty, flower pot broke and DGD tried to clean it up by rubbing it in) cleaned right up.

Before I bought the Awesome Carpet Cleaner I bought the expensive brand name max strength guaranteed to work carpet cleaner. Spots were still there. I saw the Awesome at the dollar store, dirt cheap. I thought this may work on my lamp shades and not be so strong. I went back and bought a lot more spray bottles if this stuff. I have used it on chair seats, drapes, stains on clothes, and my car mats. It's AWESOME. lol

Ms. Shawn 08-20-2010 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I have one room with carpet and even though it's not a much used room the carpet gets dirty spots. I bought Awesome Carpet Cleaner and sprayed lightly on the dirty spots. I wet a sponge mop, kept it full of water, and mopped the area with the spots. The spots (really dirty, flower pot broke and DGD tried to clean it up by rubbing it in) cleaned right up.

Before I bought the Awesome Carpet Cleaner I bought the expensive brand name max strength guaranteed to work carpet cleaner. Spots were still there. I saw the Awesome at the dollar store, dirt cheap. I thought this may work on my lamp shades and not be so strong. I went back and bought a lot more spray bottles if this stuff. I have used it on chair seats, drapes, stains on clothes, and my car mats. It's AWESOME. lol

REALLY AWESOME!!!!!LOL! :lol: :lol: :thumbup: :XD:

amma 08-20-2010 12:23 PM

I keep bottles of this under the sink LOL Laundry, carpet, chairs, you name it!
I like the plain cleaner for laundry, it has taken Koolaide stains and others out too :D:D:D

craftybear 08-20-2010 12:37 PM

thanks, I was at the Dollar Tree awhile back and they have lots of different awesome cleaners

I got the one for laundry in the clear spray bottle and took out stains on some tops

thanks!

Ditter43 08-20-2010 04:07 PM

I use Awesome everyday. I'll have to look for the carpet cleaner. The last one I used was 409 carpet cleaner....It was good too! :D

pab58 08-20-2010 06:54 PM

"I saw the Awesome at the dollar store, dirt cheap." Dirt cheap carpet cleaner!! :lol: That's funny! I guess it's my goofy sense of humor, but that struck my funny bone! It gets up dirt and it's dirt cheap! :lol: Sorry -- it must be that I'm getting tired! :oops:

CarrieAnne 08-20-2010 07:25 PM

Wow, Thanks!!!!!!! LOl, I have light carpet, UGH!

roseOfsharon 08-20-2010 07:27 PM

I have used Awesome for years! I have not tried the carpet cleaner by Awesome, but I certainly will.

sassey 08-20-2010 07:52 PM

Awesome is truly awesome I wouldn't be without it. My sister was visiting once and tried to tell me no $1 cleaner could possibly be any good she tried it and is now a believer in it also

sueisallaboutquilts 08-21-2010 05:15 AM

I need to try that stuff! I hope the dollar store near me has it. I've never been there.