Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The cat likes to eat... WHAT?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cat-likes-eat-what-t180443.html)

Ramona Byrd 07-30-2012 04:47 PM

What Cats Like To Eat

[QUOTE=Stitchnripper;5004436]Cute stories. One of our cats loved the "innards" from cantaloupe. She just couldn't wait for us to put it down for her. It never seemed to have any adverse effects. She didn't like cantaloupe pieces, just the part with the seeds.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a cat who demanded his share of cantaloup and would climb my pants leg to get my attention. All he wanted was one piece, but that he just had to have.
As for not feeding dogs garlic, I did that every day or so with our Dobermans, who not only lived but were not much bothered with fleas. Sometimes we get all these Thou shall Nots and then it changes in a few years. I don't believe much that I read or hear, even from vets. I've had some bad advice from my own doctors...

Granny Quilter 07-30-2012 06:42 PM

My cat likes miniature marshmallows.

DACO48 07-30-2012 07:03 PM

We too, had a cat that loved corn on the cob. If we would hold the cob he would just eat from one end to the other just as we humans do. It was a kick to watch him.

AshleyR 07-31-2012 04:13 AM

[QUOTE=Ramona Byrd;5406895]

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper (Post 5004436)
Cute stories. One of our cats loved the "innards" from cantaloupe. She just couldn't wait for us to put it down for her. It never seemed to have any adverse effects. She didn't like cantaloupe pieces, just the part with the seeds.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a cat who demanded his share of cantaloup and would climb my pants leg to get my attention. All he wanted was one piece, but that he just had to have.
As for not feeding dogs garlic, I did that every day or so with our Dobermans, who not only lived but were not much bothered with fleas. Sometimes we get all these Thou shall Nots and then it changes in a few years. I don't believe much that I read or hear, even from vets. I've had some bad advice from my own doctors...

I had a dog who had pups and they all had fleas so bad! I didn't know what to do because they were so so young (and in my defense, I was too!). I started sprinkling garlic powder on Mom's food and she loved it!!! And the best part? The pups didn't have fleas after that either! Powerful stuff!
She wouldn't eat her food without garlic on it after that. When I forgot, she'd look at the bowl, then look at me until I sprinkled garlic on it!

When my son was a little fella, I would tell him that prune juice was Coke and put it in his sippy cup. Mom and Dad had Coke with dinner... so did he! He's 15 and still regular!