Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Cho Cho Pops (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cho-cho-pops-t63328.html)

burnsk 09-06-2010 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne

Originally Posted by redkimba
You could look up a recipe for malted ice cream and make some yourself.

I might give this a try. I like malted milk shakes - this would be one step better. :)

lol. I just might do that, but have to be careful because I still have 30 more pounds to lose. Have lost 50 so far.

Congratulations on your weight loss. I know it's not an easy thing to do. And I think the older we get the harder it gets. I have about 40 to work on so my knees will be better. How are you doing it?

SharonAnne 09-06-2010 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by burnsk

Originally Posted by SharonAnne

Originally Posted by redkimba
You could look up a recipe for malted ice cream and make some yourself.

I might give this a try. I like malted milk shakes - this would be one step better. :)

lol. I just might do that, but have to be careful because I still have 30 more pounds to lose. Have lost 50 so far.

Congratulations on your weight loss. I know it's not an easy thing to do. And I think the older we get the harder it gets. I have about 40 to work on so my knees will be better. How are you doing it?

Motivated by high bp and pre-diabetes and sluggishness. I walk at least 10,000 steps per day, and bought a pedometer which really motivates me. I eat non-fat or low fat foods, lots of low/non-fat yogurt, and as much as I want of veggies and fruits and salads with non-fat dressing. I dip my fork in the dressing on the side which is plenty for each bite, and much less than pouring it on. I eat ONLY whole grain things (such as brown rice, swiss muesli which I love) and not much of them, almonds and walnuts about 6 per day of either, and mostly tuna, salmon, and chicken. Guaranteed you will be full if you eat "something" every two hours to keep your blood sugar level. I reward myself one day a week, and I eat pretty much what I want - ice cream, etc but in moderation as a treat, not a lifestyle. But, I find as I lose I don't WANT to eat it and mess up all my work. Oh, and I weight train every other day and I go to an exercise class 3 x per week for 50+ers which is good but not high intensity. I walk fast and skip and find ways to move. Even sitting, I am circling my ankles, etc. So lots of tomatoes, cucumbers, grapes, apples, etc. And ALWAYS have an energy bar or low cal snack in your purse, so you aren't tempted to stop at Micky D's and screw up. The better you feel, the more you want to lose, so it's a self-fulfilling prophesy. Drink a ton of water and take your vitamins. Sleep at least 7 hours per night. I know this sounds difficult and for the first few weeks it is, but after that it's "piece of cake". Sorry for rambling. I get excited when others ask for advice.

Ditter43 09-06-2010 02:26 PM

I don't remember them but would have loved them I am sure. I love malted milk balls!! :thumbup: :D

littlehud 09-06-2010 03:28 PM

I remember a trip to Dairy Queen was a big thing for us. Now I wonder how long my mom a dad had to plan for that. It was a treat and still sticks in my mind. They never charged my dad tax because he was in the Air Force and the owner said he was already doing his share. Funny how things like that stick in your mind.