Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Christmas craft fair (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/christmas-craft-fair-t243157.html)

Cornerstone quilter 03-15-2014 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99 (Post 6628141)
I couldn't find a website that shows how my dd made my scarf. However, it's very simple if you use microfiber (fleece), as it does not fray. Cut a rectangle the width and length you want for the scarf (mine is about 12" wide and 36" long). On each short end, use a scissors to cut into the scarf about 1" apart and 2" deep. That's it.

Here is a website that shows how to make easy no-sew blankets out of fleece:
http://www.instructables.com/id/No-S...ece-Blanket-1/

These can be made smaller for pet blankets. Larger sizes are nice for watching football games, etc.

Thank you for the link. I made a couple of these fleece blankets, but my knots didn't look that good. Now I know how to tie them.

Prism99 03-16-2014 10:47 AM

I wonder if some families would like to make dog and cat treats; kids might want to buy them as presents. I'm sure there are home recipes online.

lynnie 03-16-2014 10:54 AM

when I do shows and do the dog treats, it's the first to disappear. once I just bought little milk bones and dipped them in the FAKE white chocolate disks and put red and green sprinkles for Christmas and blue for hannuakka. sold in a flash. I put 13 in a bag and called them a barkers dozen.

Prism99 03-16-2014 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 6629503)
when I do shows and do the dog treats, it's the first to disappear. once I just bought little milk bones and dipped them in the FAKE white chocolate disks and put red and green sprinkles for Christmas and blue for hannuakka. sold in a flash. I put 13 in a bag and called them a barkers dozen.

Now, THAT is creative!!!

my-ty 03-16-2014 12:07 PM

Could you set up a Secret Santa to make/buy gifts for a Seniors Home in your area? Many seniors have few visitors and it would be spreading Christmas cheer outside of your Church membership.

Cornerstone quilter 03-16-2014 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99 (Post 6629489)
I wonder if some families would like to make dog and cat treats; kids might want to buy them as presents. I'm sure there are home recipes online.

Wow! I never thought of pets gifts--that's a great idea! Thanks!

Cornerstone quilter 03-16-2014 08:34 PM

Very Cute!!! Pets gifts are wonderful! Would you mind if we used your title? I really like it! Where do you get fake white chocolate disks?

Cornerstone quilter 03-16-2014 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by my-ty (Post 6629628)
Could you set up a Secret Santa to make/buy gifts for a Seniors Home in your area? Many seniors have few visitors and it would be spreading Christmas cheer outside of your Church membership.

Oh, my goodness, what a GREAT idea! I never would have thought of it! Our senior citizens are so often forgotten at holiday time. What a touching way to get to bless them. Thank you so much!

Cornerstone quilter 03-16-2014 08:39 PM

I'm sooooo glad I posted this question to all of you creative people. You have given me some really great ideas and suggestions! Keep them coming!

Aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt 03-16-2014 10:55 PM

Where di you find the fake chocolate discs this is just a wonderful idea