Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Christmas gifts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/christmas-gifts-t267550.html)

dotcomdtcm 07-14-2015 06:47 AM

It's been a few years since I made potholders. Maybe pack with an interesting spice (za'tar?? ) and a recipe.
The gang got holiday napkins last year, which were appreciated.

Jo Anne B. 07-14-2015 09:26 AM

I have been asked to make two Spiderman quilts for a friends 3 and 5 yr. old grandsons. In the creative process...
Not really on my list of to do. But I will keep them simple a Warm Wishes pattern and My Favorite Donation quilt pattern which is a strippy. I have a Christmas quilt that still needs its binding(from last year) and the pile of fabrics just waiting on the cutting(dining) table. I am getting ready for the big Highway #141 Garage sale. Hope I make lots of fabric money!!

sewnsewsue 07-14-2015 09:42 AM

Pillowcases, grocery bags with wide straps, zip pouches, covered journals, tablerunners, microwave bowls, ..

nwm50 07-14-2015 12:21 PM

After reading this post....I better git to work ASAP after I finish one more quilt for granddaughter!! Never hurt yo start early

lynnie 07-14-2015 12:28 PM

love the idea of adding a spice to the pot holder Dotty.
I always like giving something extra with the gift. Great idea, might steal your idea for myself.

PenniF 07-14-2015 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 7256856)
love the idea of adding a spice to the pot holder Dotty.
I always like giving something extra with the gift. Great idea, might steal your idea for myself.

Someone gave me a tin of flavored / herbed tea --- it has tea, lemon verbena leaves, spearmint leaves, lemongrass in it....not my kind of tea for drinking (i'm just a plain English/Irish Breakfast tea type) --- so that was one of my thoughts - to add it in between the layers of quilted hot pads.

dotcomdtcm 07-14-2015 01:54 PM

Most of us have a lot of Christmas decorations. I'd love a wall hanging with a snowman that says Happy New Year.
Or any wintery thing to put out when the tree is gone.

annette1952 07-15-2015 04:03 AM

So far I only have some potholders done. Been too busy making quilts to think much about Christmas yet but it is coming fast. I do this every year though. Think I have lots of time then I really have to push to get it all done. I am thinking about making pillowcases too for different ones on my list. Those are always nice. I love to read everyone's ideas or what they are making. Keep them coming & have fun!

my-ty 07-15-2015 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 7256915)
Most of us have a lot of Christmas decorations. I'd love a wall hanging with a snowman that says Happy New Year.
Or any wintery thing to put out when the tree is gone.

I like your thinking.

dotcomdtcm 07-15-2015 05:08 AM

Aprons!! for everyone. Put something cute in the pocket, a recipe, a cookie cutter. One with a hanging buttoned on hand towel is great for sloppy cooks like me!