Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Christmas Shopping done!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/christmas-shopping-done-t161440.html)

Jennifer22206 10-18-2011 04:54 PM

huh? What's done? I have to be creative and hide stuff from my almost 3 year old. She's really NOSY this year.

My family has a tradition that we all handmake one gift for everyone. Umm.. yea.. that might be small this year. ;)

Pam B 10-18-2011 04:54 PM

Good for you! I can honestly say that I generally don't get real concerned about Christmas shopping till about the middle of Dec. And, even when it is finished (and it doesn't take long anymore since our kids are grown and we do not yet have grandchildren), hubby and I generally take a Sat. afternoon and go to the mall and just pick up a few odds and ends and then go out to dinner someplace really nice. It is just fun...not sure I would enjoy that so much if I were really doing serious shopping, though.

Rose L 10-18-2011 05:00 PM

I've started but I'm not done. I'm mostly making quilts this year. Christmas throw quilts for all the grand kids and probably some pj's to go with them. We just send cash to the kids and their spouses. I just have to figure out something special for DH besides his throw quilt. We keep it pretty simple around here. Mostly because we don't have any stores to shop in and I hate to travel just to shop.

butterflies5518 10-18-2011 05:43 PM

Wow, I am impressed, mine all just want gift cards - I really miss the shopping - well sometimes I miss it.

mrsponcho1 10-18-2011 05:46 PM

My husband and I just bought our present to each other. We are going to Vegas. We give our children and spouses cash and I will then buy something small for them to unwrap. No grandchildren yet.

valsma 10-18-2011 05:48 PM

Haven't barely started. I did buy a little toy for the grandson I found on sale and know he is going to love but yup that's about it.

gotta-sew 10-18-2011 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Terri Morin
Get outta here!!! Are you kidding???? I can only wish. Haven't clue one what to get ANYONE!!!

Terri, I'm with you. I am sooo at a loss as to what to do for every one. Enough to give me a headache!

Gramof6 10-18-2011 10:01 PM

I think you are very smart to get it done early. I have all fo the grands and my parents to buy for. Our kids, DH & I are adopting a needy family and will hopefully make their Christmas Merry. I do want to make placemats and for ea of our 4 kids and their spouses so they will have a sm something to open.

Jim 10-18-2011 10:38 PM

We hit the stores on Black Friday...we scour the papers and the web for the sales and have it mapped out when to be where and what we want..we usually get everything we go after. Christmas will be much slimmer this year though.

blueangel 10-19-2011 12:30 AM

Wow I,m impressed I haven.t started yet.