Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Christmas Shopping done!!!

I am happy to say that all my Christmas shopping is done! My health requires me to do it early; and I was able to complete it before the flu hits.
    Sad that I will miss the decorations and music that are a big part of the malls during the shopping season; and I didn't get much of a chance to hit big sales, but got what I wanted for everyone.
    Is anybody else done out there? Believe me, if it wasn't for my immune system...I wouldn't have even started yet lol.

Blog Entries
    I just have to finish my Dads John Deere quilt and I will have it all done.

Get outta here!!! Are you kidding???? I can only wish. Haven't clue one what to get ANYONE!!!

Requesting wish lists from the grandchildren helps; and I had some good ideas by myself this year.

Blog Entries
    i usually don't have that much shopping as i make most gifts. but i try to go when the seasonal decor is out, and the nip is in the air, but not on any busy shopping days :)

Blog Entries
    I have a bunch of mine done...my kids love it when I start early, they know I am going to forget what I have for them and just keep buying more! every year I tell them I am cutting way back and not to expect much..right.

I have all mine done too! We are bringing all our children(& spouse) home for the Holidays. They are coming from California & Texas.

That's amazing! I have usually started by now and finish by Thanksgiving but not this year. I have a feeling I will be finishing a little later this year.

Done?????...... I havn't even started thinking about it!

Is it Christmas Eve already? Of course I don't have it done. I did buy my granddaughters a two story dollhouse online. I have one quilt made for one of them and started picking out the fabric for the other tonight.

Blog Entries
    huh? What's done? I have to be creative and hide stuff from my almost 3 year old. She's really NOSY this year.

My family has a tradition that we all handmake one gift for everyone. Umm.. yea.. that might be small this year. ;)

Good for you! I can honestly say that I generally don't get real concerned about Christmas shopping till about the middle of Dec. And, even when it is finished (and it doesn't take long anymore since our kids are grown and we do not yet have grandchildren), hubby and I generally take a Sat. afternoon and go to the mall and just pick up a few odds and ends and then go out to dinner someplace really nice. It is just fun...not sure I would enjoy that so much if I were really doing serious shopping, though.

Blog Entries
    I've started but I'm not done. I'm mostly making quilts this year. Christmas throw quilts for all the grand kids and probably some pj's to go with them. We just send cash to the kids and their spouses. I just have to figure out something special for DH besides his throw quilt. We keep it pretty simple around here. Mostly because we don't have any stores to shop in and I hate to travel just to shop.

Wow, I am impressed, mine all just want gift cards - I really miss the shopping - well sometimes I miss it.

My husband and I just bought our present to each other. We are going to Vegas. We give our children and spouses cash and I will then buy something small for them to unwrap. No grandchildren yet.

Haven't barely started. I did buy a little toy for the grandson I found on sale and know he is going to love but yup that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Terri Morin
    Get outta here!!! Are you kidding???? I can only wish. Haven't clue one what to get ANYONE!!!
    Terri, I'm with you. I am sooo at a loss as to what to do for every one. Enough to give me a headache!

I think you are very smart to get it done early. I have all fo the grands and my parents to buy for. Our kids, DH & I are adopting a needy family and will hopefully make their Christmas Merry. I do want to make placemats and for ea of our 4 kids and their spouses so they will have a sm something to open.

Jim
    We hit the stores on Black Friday...we scour the papers and the web for the sales and have it mapped out when to be where and what we want..we usually get everything we go after. Christmas will be much slimmer this year though.

Wow I,m impressed I haven.t started yet.

Blog Entries
    In earlier times when I had children at home I would be finished by the end of October; everything hidden away. Sometimes I would hide something too well and sometimes someone would receive a really nice sweater in July when I found it again !

I just give cash now to DG's......will probably make something for grown daughter's......My SIL's Mom will crochet me something so I think I'll make her a lap quilt.

Since I'm a new quilter I might try my hand at a couple of wall hangings too....

I used to get really excited about the holidays and would spend a lot of time choosing just the "right" gift and decorating...guess age and dwindling family has taken its toll.

Blog Entries
    In earlier times when I had children at home I would be finished by the end of October; everything hidden away. Sometimes I would hide something too well and sometimes someone would receive a really nice sweater in July when I found it again !

I just give cash now to DG's......will probably make something for grown daughter's......My SIL's Mom will crochet me something so I think I'll make her a lap quilt.

Since I'm a new quilter I might try my hand at a couple of wall hangings too....

I used to get really excited about the holidays and would spend a lot of time choosing just the "right" gift and decorating...guess age and dwindling family has taken its toll.

I've cut way down on shopping for Christmas gifts and I order at lot online - steaks as a family gift for our 3 sons and their families, with a small individual gift for each member. Have 1 married grandkid, 2 are engaged and rest are teens to 20's so some will be getting 'family' gifts - maybe a fresh wreath for their apartment doors and the rest gift cards, along with a cute or fun item. In fact I planned on putting steak and wreath orders in today.

For many years I would get wish lists from family members and shop for the gift that really filled their wishes, but age has taken a toll on me actually going to the mall or department stores as their hard floors really do a job on my legs.

My Biggest concern this year is what to get our first great grandchild Jack - he'll be 6 months old by Christmas and I'll gladly go to local Kohl's and Toy r Us for his gift.