Christmas Shopping done!!!

Old 10-19-2011, 03:04 AM

In earlier times when I had children at home I would be finished by the end of October; everything hidden away. Sometimes I would hide something too well and sometimes someone would receive a really nice sweater in July when I found it again !

I just give cash now to DG's......will probably make something for grown daughter's......My SIL's Mom will crochet me something so I think I'll make her a lap quilt.

Since I'm a new quilter I might try my hand at a couple of wall hangings too....

I used to get really excited about the holidays and would spend a lot of time choosing just the "right" gift and decorating...guess age and dwindling family has taken its toll.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:04 AM

In earlier times when I had children at home I would be finished by the end of October; everything hidden away. Sometimes I would hide something too well and sometimes someone would receive a really nice sweater in July when I found it again !

I just give cash now to DG's......will probably make something for grown daughter's......My SIL's Mom will crochet me something so I think I'll make her a lap quilt.

Since I'm a new quilter I might try my hand at a couple of wall hangings too....

I used to get really excited about the holidays and would spend a lot of time choosing just the "right" gift and decorating...guess age and dwindling family has taken its toll.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:30 AM

I've cut way down on shopping for Christmas gifts and I order at lot online - steaks as a family gift for our 3 sons and their families, with a small individual gift for each member. Have 1 married grandkid, 2 are engaged and rest are teens to 20's so some will be getting 'family' gifts - maybe a fresh wreath for their apartment doors and the rest gift cards, along with a cute or fun item. In fact I planned on putting steak and wreath orders in today.

For many years I would get wish lists from family members and shop for the gift that really filled their wishes, but age has taken a toll on me actually going to the mall or department stores as their hard floors really do a job on my legs.

My Biggest concern this year is what to get our first great grandchild Jack - he'll be 6 months old by Christmas and I'll gladly go to local Kohl's and Toy r Us for his gift.