Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Clean windows (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/clean-windows-t289603.html)

tranum 07-12-2017 05:41 AM

Clean windows

In 50+ years, I've tried every way there is. My favorite is a cloth diaper ( prefolded ) and a foam spray for glass. Makes the job go rather quickly.

Tartan 07-12-2017 06:53 AM

I use Windex and a micro fiber cloth on the inside. Outside the house my husband uses a hose and a squeegee on an extended pole.

Joset 07-12-2017 06:54 AM

i boil rain water and use vinegar oh they look nice when i am done

Endora 07-12-2017 07:38 AM

Windows are washed-down on the outside with a mild solution of ammonia and water, then properly cleaned using an old cloth diaper (leftovers from when my kids were little), and foaming window cleaner. Diapers and foaming window cleaner for inside as well.

Endora 07-12-2017 07:39 AM

Tranum. Were you a cloth diaper using mom?

tranum 07-12-2017 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Endora (Post 7862507)
Tranum. Were you a cloth diaper using mom?

yes and never minded it a bit, even with two in diapers for a while. Also hung them outside when possible. I only had 1 flat cloth diaper left ( out of 4 dozen ) and I was hoarding it for windows when I stumbled on a box of 8 prefolds at a garage sale for $1.00. Yippee ! I did share with my son in law because he's the window washer at their house and he's a believer now.

lynnie 07-12-2017 11:56 AM

the cloth diapers at Walmart are the best I found. some of the others at so thin, and do nothing. Don't get Target's. They are the worst on the market. very thin, and they shrunk terribly.

Endora 07-12-2017 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by tranum (Post 7862609)
yes and never minded it a bit, even with two in diapers for a while. Also hung them outside when possible. I only had 1 flat cloth diaper left ( out of 4 dozen ) and I was hoarding it for windows when I stumbled on a box of 8 prefolds at a garage sale for $1.00. Yippee ! I did share with my son in law because he's the window washer at their house and he's a believer now.

I never minded it either, and like yourself, I also had two in diapers on occasion, and... I also line-dried the diapers, too. Pin-pricks were my only pet-peeve when it came to cloth diapering.

Endora 07-12-2017 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 7862639)
the cloth diapers at Walmart are the best I found. some of the others at so thin, and do nothing. DON'T get Target's. They are the worst on the market. very thin, and they shrunk terribly.

Good advice. Thanks, Lynnie. I'm going to have a check the next time I'm at WM shopping.

Endora 07-12-2017 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by tranum (Post 7862609)

Should add, I didn't enjoy lugging the diaper pail down and up the basement stairs on laundry day!