Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   CLICK.....wait, wait, wait, wait....why is this board so S L O W ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/click-wait-wait-wait-wait-why-board-so-s-l-o-w-t155616.html)

Demshine 09-25-2011 01:16 AM

Most times if I just click again, it brings the subject right up.
But if I just click once and wait.....let's just say it's a long wait!

What's up?
Is the server to bogged down with messages?
Anyone....Anyone??? :twisted: :?: :shock:

patricej 09-25-2011 01:30 AM

when the page load appears to hang, please look in the lower left corner of the browser window.

if you see the "waiting for" line, please write down the ad site it's waiting for. send that information by email to [email protected] .

the ads pay the rent, so we don't have to.

however, the techs want to make sure they don't slow us down or create other surfing problems. when they get information they can use, they can fix it for us. :-)

Demshine 09-25-2011 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
when the page load appears to hang, please look in the lower left corner of the browser window.

if you see the "waiting for" line, please write down the ad site it's waiting for. send that information by email to [email protected] .

the ads pay the rent, so we don't have to.

however, the techs want to make sure they don't slow us down or create other surfing problems. when they get information they can use, they can fix it for us. :-)

Actually there is nothing in the lower left corner.

dogpursemaker 09-25-2011 01:58 AM

I thought it was just me! That's why I end up with duplicate postings and PMs. One click...pending, pending, two clicks and it works!

DebsShelties 09-25-2011 03:24 AM

Sometimes it takes what it seems is forever to post, example, I had a post, hit send, after waiting for 2 mins got up and went to go get the morning paper, came back to a internal server error and a white screen.
Another thing I have noticed, on my desktop machine - a vista, it takes one click to get things, where as on my laptop a windows 7 machine it takes 2 or more.

sandyl 09-25-2011 03:51 AM

I've been having those same issues. I hit refresh and sometimes it works, others I have to go completely out of IE and come back in. So frustrating. I will watch for the "waiting for" phrase.

ckcowl 09-25-2011 03:54 AM

if there is nothing in your left corner- meaning not an add slowing you down- perhaps it's time to empty your browsing history- and speed up your computer again.

blueangel 09-25-2011 05:08 AM

I haven't been having any trouble.

IrishNY 09-25-2011 05:49 AM

I have a slow connection once in a while but pretty seldom. Most of the time QB is pretty instantaneous and I am so glad - nothing worse than just staring at a screen....waiting.

Glassquilt 09-25-2011 06:05 AM

Dogpursemaker,

On my laptop with Windows XP:

Start > Control Panel > Folder Options > General > Click Items As Follows

Take your pick - single or double :)