Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Clothes Pin Bags for the Guild (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/clothes-pin-bags-guild-t298886.html)

sewbizgirl 08-14-2018 12:21 PM

Those are too cute, Red! And tons of people still use clotheslines. There's nothing so peaceful as hanging clothes outside, and nothing smells as good as sheets dryed in the breeze. There's still a lot of interest in saving energy by hanging clothes on the line. I think the bags should sell well!

sJens 08-14-2018 01:04 PM

Cute projects. I would have to find another use for them as I haven't had clothes pins for years. LOL

redstilettos 08-15-2018 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by RJLinkletter (Post 8111157)
Wow I have learnt a lot about clothes lines in the US! LolAnd as for all the rules... We have some new housing developments with some rules I think but generally if you own your property you can do what you like (which is as it should be imo).

Lots of people in the UK use washing lines - often a rotary one but ‘straight’ ones too. Why pay to use a dryerbhen mother nature does it for free? Plus you can’t beat the smell of clothes straight off the line!

I am already halfway through my first peg bag!

Post pics! :)

Gerbie 08-15-2018 03:37 AM

Those are not kinda cute but just precious! thanks for the site, I think I will make some for plastic storage bags and use for Christmas gifts. Thanks for sharing and for the new idea for a Christmas gift. I try to make something different each year for the 3 ladies in my hubby's office and these will be great. I think they would make a cute bag for putting hosiery in for those who still use them, also as a neat bag to use for something when traveling. So many things they could be used for. Thanks again for sharing.

RJLinkletter 08-15-2018 07:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the inspiration red! Here is my first attempt - it was good fun.

Ellen 1 08-15-2018 07:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I love these. My current clothes pin bag is a Clorox bottle with a small cut in the handle and a large opening cut in the opposite side of the bottle. :-). Perhaps I should make a new one. (The dark dripping inside is from dying fabrics——This is what makes having clothes pins fun!)

redstilettos 08-15-2018 08:23 AM

RJ yours turned out GREAT! I love the little addition of the lace edging. Very cute!

Gerbie, these stitch out quickly, so for 3 of them you'll be done in no time!

My friend said she wants to make one for her mom for Christmas, too. She's in her 80s and still hanging out the laundry. Wowza!

RJLinkletter 08-15-2018 12:01 PM

Thanks! Yes they stitch really quickly - even a novice like me managed it easily enough. My mum’s seen it and already demanded one! Lol

Chasing Hawk 08-15-2018 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin (Post 8110907)
Very cute but few people use clothes lines in the US. Mostly the Amish and Mennonites.

Those are just too cute! I might make one just to have or find another use for one.

I would love to be able to use a clothesline outside. I love the smell of clean sheets fresh off the line.
But I am allergic to so many different types pollen it's not feasible.

mac 08-15-2018 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by JENNR8R (Post 8110917)
I don't use a clothes line, but I do use clothes pins. I find many uses for them in the house.

Out of curiosity, what ways do you find to use them around the house?

To Red: Those aprons are absolutely adorable!!! I still hang out some of my clothes on the line so that the dryer won't shrink my clothes. I also think that the clothes stay newer looking for a longer period of time when they don't get tumbled in the dryer.

Since, my last clothes pin holder is almost in shreds (it was my mom's and is probably 60 years old), I definitely need to retire it to the 'old clothes pile and make me a new one. Thanks for the link to the pattern.