Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Clothes Pin Bags for the Guild (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/clothes-pin-bags-guild-t298886.html)

JENNR8R 08-15-2018 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by mac (Post 8111686)
Out of curiosity, what ways do you find to use them around the house?

A few minutes ago I put the remainder of some batting back in the original bag and put a clothes pin on the bag to hold it closed.

Any bag of partially-used frozen vegetables/fruit gets a clothes pin to hold it closed.

If I had a bag of chips (never), rice, etc., I would attach a clothes pin to keep the bag closed.

Sometimes I hang a blouse that won't stay on the hanger. Each shoulder gets a clothes pin to keep it on the hanger.

I'm sure I use them for more than these few, but you get the idea. I'm grabing a clothes pin for something every day.

mac 08-15-2018 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by JENNR8R (Post 8111702)
A few minutes ago I put the remainder of some batting back in the original bag and put a clothes pin on the bag to hold it closed.

Any bag of partially-used frozen vegetables/fruit gets a clothes pin to hold it closed.

If I had a bag of chips (never), rice, etc., I would attach a clothes pin to keep the bag closed.

Sometimes I hang a blouse that won't stay on the hanger. Each shoulder gets a clothes pin to keep it on the hanger.

I'm sure I use them for more than these few, but you get the idea. I'm grabing a clothes pin for something every day.

You know I have never thought of keeping bags closed with a clothes pin. My husband always used those plastic clips that we get free once in a while. But using clothes pins is a perfect idea. I am going to have to rethink the uses of clothes pins now. Thanks for the ideas.

tranum 08-15-2018 03:21 PM

Does anyone remember the old poem about how the neighborhood could “read” from what’s on the clothesline ? Like extra sheets told of weekend guests were there, etc. it was cute & entertaining.

maryellen2u 08-15-2018 08:07 PM

My sister gave me something similar but the skirt was a kitchen towel and it was designed to hang on the oven handle. I found a pattern and directions somewhere on the internet and tried to make one. OMG! it took me forever and stitch it up, tear it out. It was one giant frustration. I still have the one my sister gave me and don't use it. I am saving it for good! hehehe!

redstilettos 08-16-2018 03:37 AM

We had our guild meeting last night and the ladies loved them. I was so happy! With so many of them having such a higher skillset than my own, I am always a little hesitant to show them what I work on. But they loved the ideas and everyone had a different favorite.

Maryellen2u: trust me and RJ. These are super duper easy and if you follow the directions (something I have trouble doing because sometimes stuff doesn't make sense to me), it will turn out.

Trust us!! ;)

SusieQOH 08-16-2018 04:33 AM

I know that some neighborhoods don't allow clothes lines. Every time we've moved I've told the realtor not to take me to any neighborhood that won't allow one. :)
My sister lives in a condo and they have a list of rules a mile long!

JENNR8R 08-16-2018 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by mac (Post 8111780)
You know I have never thought of keeping bags closed with a clothes pin. My husband always used those plastic clips that we get free once in a while. But using clothes pins is a perfect idea. I am going to have to rethink the uses of clothes pins now. Thanks for the ideas.

I found another place I use clothes pins this morning. I put it on the end of the toothpaste tube as it empties to keep the toothpaste near the opening.

mandyrose 08-16-2018 09:24 AM

these are so cute i just made a bag this past spring a martha stewart tutorial it's cute but i like this one so much better, im going to make this one and retire the martha stewart bag lol thanks for the link

mac 08-16-2018 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by tranum (Post 8111789)
Does anyone remember the old poem about how the neighborhood could “read” from what’s on the clothesline ? Like extra sheets told of weekend guests were there, etc. it was cute & entertaining.

I think this is the poem you are talking about, here is the link:

https://www.clotheslines.com/poems

jokir44 08-16-2018 04:09 PM

Cute as can be. For years I used one of my daughters outgrown dresses with the sleeves and hem sewn shut. I can see them being used in multiples to decorate a little girls room. They could hold soft headbands, gloves, hats or nothing at all.