Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Colorado Winter Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/colorado-winter-pictures-t27834.html)

Ducky 10-28-2009 02:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I left work a couple of hours early. I posted some pictures in the GCC, but will put a few here, too. It's supposed to snow all night and part of tomorrow. I may not be going in to work.

Another view of the farm
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6447[/ATTACH]

Tosha is a good-sized dog so this gives you a good idea on how deep it is...and it's supposed to snow all night.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]51324[/ATTACH]

Lisanne 10-28-2009 03:18 PM

Oh, that is so beautiful! And it's only October. Are you in the mountains, or is it just because of the high altitude in general?

Tink's Mom 10-28-2009 03:22 PM

Wow! On Tink it would be over her head. Guess fall is over.

Ducky 10-28-2009 03:29 PM

We are not in the mountains. I work at the base of the foothills and live 8 miles east of there. I guess parts of the mountains have gotten over 30 inches so far. Very good for the ski resorts!

Joan 10-28-2009 03:29 PM

Your dog is beautiful, Ducky. My daughter flew into Denver this morning and said it really looked like winter. They were supposed to get two feet there.........

(makes me appreciate California although I have to admit the snow is lovely!)

Jim's Gem 10-28-2009 03:41 PM

BRRRRRRRRRrrrrr, having just arrived from Maui about 30 hours ago, that looks way to darn cold!!!!!
I lived in Northglenn for 30 months a few (21) years ago. I sometimes miss the winter, not really. I miss the mountains!!!

I have three girls that look quite similar to your pup! Only 1 is black and the other two are almost white.

Ducky 10-28-2009 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Joan
Your dog is beautiful, Ducky. My daughter flew into Denver this morning and said it really looked like winter. They were supposed to get two feet there.........

I'm surprised your daughter could land. I guess flights have been canceled at DIA. How long will she be here?

Janstar 10-28-2009 04:28 PM

That looks so cold! I know it's beautiful too but I don't look foreward to it!

Joan 10-28-2009 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky

Originally Posted by Joan

I'm surprised your daughter could land. I guess flights have been canceled at DIA. How long will she be here?

Yes, apparently there was no problem landing. Her flight landed at 1:30 p.m. She lives there and was visiting us here in California for the weekend. She said it was HOT here....lol

amma 10-28-2009 06:30 PM

What a beautiful winter wonderland!!! Soooo pretty to look at :D :D :D