Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   comfy shoes? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/comfy-shoes-t189931.html)

Nickky 05-26-2012 05:59 PM

I wear "Naturalizers" Very comfy

Rowena101 05-26-2012 06:27 PM

You can't go wrong with SAS. I love mine. A little expensive but worth it. Good luck, have a nice trip. Rowena101

Lyncat 05-26-2012 08:37 PM

I love my Skechers Tone-Ups. They really absorb the impact when I walk. I can wear them for a day of walking and my feet and back don't hurt. (and they usually do!)

Sandygirl 05-27-2012 03:16 AM

The fit is important. Buy the best fit for your foot and brand you can afford. Buy 2 pair to rotate them when on the trip and pack moleskin just in case you get some blisters. Try to break in the shoes prior to the trip.

I love DC! Have fun!
Sandy

gollytwo 05-27-2012 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by donnalynett (Post 5241219)
I wear nothing but Morrells anymore.

Me too; nothing but Merrells. They're expensive but worth it.

Nell Dwyer 05-27-2012 07:01 AM

New Balance 846-they were the best when we did Washington D.C. last year-put on 20 miles each day of the week-lots of walking from Metro station-and to Smithsonian Museums-times 5, Capitol Hill, Riverwalk, White House, Washington Museum, and totally around the downtown last August for 5 days-with Daughter/son-in-law, husband and Grandson. Have a good trip and enjoy as much as you can see-traffic was hectic, so took metro train from Maryland in to Washington D.C. with one stop over/ change over on the train-had a Great time.

Yooper32 05-27-2012 07:38 AM

I will stick with regular Crocs, thank you. I do have two closed prs., one for dress and one for outside work, but the originals are all I wear anywhere at all. They have the greatest air cushion in the heel area and never do my feet complain because of pressure.

Quilterfay 05-27-2012 08:39 PM

I purchased a pair of Walk the Walk sandals when I was in Arizona. They are wonderful. I can walk in them for hours and my feet do not hurt. I stood at work one day for 6 hours cutting fabric and my legs were tired at the end of the day but my feet were not aching.

jennieb 05-28-2012 04:45 AM

comfy shoes

Many, many thanks to everyone who responded to my question. You certainly have given my a wide range of shoes to try. I do own a pair of the Easy Spirit slides. They are light weight and comfortable, but just wasn't sure if they would be supportive for the long haul. I will definitely explore the Ecco's and Keen's. They look very comfy.
Thank you , again, for all your suggestions. I'll let you know.
Happy Memorial Day.

canmitch1971 05-28-2012 06:06 AM

I used to be a Birkenstock lady but since I discovered Keens, I almost like them more. I do a lot of walking with my job and I have about 4 pairs of Keens now.....they are so comfortable. I even got my husband soom Keens and he loves them.