Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Computer crisis re: quilting!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/computer-crisis-re-quilting-t262642.html)

gramma nancy 03-14-2015 05:34 PM

Computer crisis re: quilting!!

This will probably be moved to some other topic heading as many of my posts are, but . . .

I was trying to organize my "favorites" on the computer and tried to delete a link I no longer needed. Instead, I deleted my entire "Quilting" folder. That included more than a dozen subfolders like FMQ, patterns, tutorials, ideas, color ideas, quilting tips, shopping, etc., etc. that it took YEARS to amass. This is so awful, I think my head will explode. I will have to start from scratch, but I mourn the sites I may never discover again. I know in the great course of world affairs this is inconsequential, but it is a massive loss to me and I am miserable.

Kristi.G 03-14-2015 05:56 PM

Have you checked to make sure the folder isn't still in your recycle bin?

dluvs2quilt 03-14-2015 05:58 PM

I hope this helps. Go to your recycle bin look for your file right click on it and click on restore this should work good luck

lfstamper 03-14-2015 06:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Kristi.G (Post 7127827)
Have you checked to make sure the folder isn't still in your recycle bin?

Exactly! Should be there until you manually empty it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513619[/ATTACH]

mermaid 03-15-2015 05:10 AM

If not, try restoring your computer to the previous day. That sometimes brings back.

shy 03-15-2015 05:39 AM

If the other 2 things do not work..any computer tech or person who knows computers can get it back for u ..nothing is really ever completely gone from a computer..unless u run a deep cleaner app..it may cost u a service call..but worth it if u really want it back..

lorimax5859 03-15-2015 06:15 AM

So sorry you had this problem - I'd be freaking out about now. Because I was afraid of this same thing happening to me we now back up all my quilt/sewing stuff on an external drive. Now I don't have to worry when my fingers get to racing along!! She is right - any computer tech should be able to restore your data for you. Good luck!!

Jeanne S 03-15-2015 06:22 AM

Hopefully it is still in your recycle bin--it has saved me from myself several times!!!!

ManiacQuilter2 03-15-2015 06:34 AM

PLEASE tell us your progress. I haven't back up this computer yet but anxious to do so. It should be in your trash can unless you clean that out too. If all else fails, call the Geek Squad at Best Buy and they should be able to restore the files but it will cost you.

gramma nancy 03-15-2015 09:53 AM

Yes -- all is well. THANK YOU so much to everyone who gave great suggestions. I never knew there was a recycle bin other than the one in Word. I found it and it worked!!!

Thank you again to all who took the time to give such good suggestions. If nothing else, this should teach me to read what the computer is asking me before I click on "yes."

Taxes today -- no quilting. boo hoo.