Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Computer Virus (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/computer-virus-t115612.html)

gale 04-12-2011 12:46 PM

Once you go Mac you're in hock up to your eyeballs and can't afford anything else. :mrgreen:

Ramona Byrd 04-12-2011 01:13 PM

Yes, my Mac was getting slow, so I had to run the antivirus.
Now we're back on track, as is this site. It's running smooth now, faster than it was days ago.

Yup, I love Macs, still have my first one from the mid 80s, a Mac 512. And it still works. Have the printer, ThunderScan and wires for the Internet. I won't throw it away, but will donate it to a museum if anyone wants it. Nobody loves it but me.

Stitchnripper 04-12-2011 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai

Originally Posted by ontheriver
No, I have a Mac. No viruses for me.

AMEN!! Once you go Mac, you'll never go back!!

Count me as a Mac lover too

gaigai 04-12-2011 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by gale
Once you go Mac you're in hock up to your eyeballs and can't afford anything else. :mrgreen:

I paid more in antivirus software than my Mac cost. You get what you pay for. Chacque a son gout. (To each his own)

gaigai 04-12-2011 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

Originally Posted by gaigai

Originally Posted by ontheriver
No, I have a Mac. No viruses for me.

AMEN!! Once you go Mac, you'll never go back!!

NOT true...just a lady have her MAC crash and she lost years worth of stuff that even they could not retrieve for her!

ALL computers can crash, even Macs. That has nothing to do do with virus'. Unless you are the computer tech that worked on that computer and can testify that it crashed solely because of a virus.

grayma 04-12-2011 01:56 PM

I have a Mac, but often wish I had a PC. The embroidery CDs won't work on my Mac to download to the card to plug into the machine.

Murphy 04-12-2011 02:07 PM

Nope.

BellaBoo 04-12-2011 02:32 PM

You must be using an out of date browser. The new browsers will not let you open a site that has a virus. You have to update your browser just like you do your computer. If you get one from an email then the virus program you have does not have email protection or it is not turned on.

DH bought me a Mac Air Book. He thought I would like a laptop. I don't like it at all. It's over there sitting in the box. All my quilt programs run perfectly on my pc and that and internet is all I use the computer for. I don't keep files or records or do any business on mine.

cheryl rearick 04-12-2011 02:38 PM

I know MOST all peole do not like AOL, I am exception, I'd not be without them. I can place EVERYTHING to aol, verses my hard deive. If my computer crashes, I've still saved everything. I've had AOL since 1994 and never had a problem... almost 20 years worth. I've never picked up a virus here, but the links I OPEN are quilting links usually a pattern here or there. Sorry you have found a virus... Do you have virus protection???? :)

Stitchnripper 04-12-2011 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by cheryl rearick
I know MOST all peole do not like AOL, I am exception, I'd not be without them. I can place EVERYTHING to aol, verses my hard deive. If my computer crashes, I've still saved everything. I've had AOL since 1994 and never had a problem... almost 20 years worth. I've never picked up a virus here, but the links I OPEN are quilting links usually a pattern here or there. Sorry you have found a virus... Do you have virus protection???? :)

I like AOL too - have been using it for a long time. How do you save things on it. PS. I only use it through the Internet not the program.