Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   'Convection Oven' for Christmas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/convection-oven-christmas-t237858.html)

Belfrybat 01-02-2014 08:29 AM

I have a GE toaster/ convection oven and I love it. It will hold a frozen pizza, plus it is tall enough to haves two shelves, although I usually only use one at a time. I cook just about everything in it that I would in the large oven, just smaller amounts. Really wonderful for a single person.

Cris 01-02-2014 08:50 AM

The following are general guidelines for converting conventional recipes
for use in a convection oven. *

Option one: Bake at the same temperature that the
conventional recipe recommends, but for less time.
Option two: Bake for the amount of time that the conventional recipe calls for,
but reduce the temperature of the oven by about 25 degrees F.
Option three: (Best) Bake for a little less time than the conventional recipe
calls for, and also reduce the temperature of the oven.

Carol34446 01-02-2014 10:19 AM

My toaster oven croaked just before Christmas. Went to WM and got another one just like it, (other one was older and very well used) and see it is a convection oven. First one was too and made no difference worked great and here in FL in summer time you don't want to turn on your big oven if you don't have to. Enjoy it and it will not bite and will work great.

KarenR 01-02-2014 10:35 AM

Convection ovens are wonderful!! It takes some time to get used to it!

quiltmom04 01-02-2014 12:22 PM

I had a toaster/convection oven that got really hot on the outside when i used it. You might want to hang on to the paper work and receipt till you're sure it does what you want.

jothesewer2 01-02-2014 06:16 PM

I have a Black and Decker convection/toaster oven and love it. I use it more than my oven of my kitchen range. I make about anything in it that i would in the big oven. Takes less electric. Have had it for several years. I don't use the convection part. I would buy another one when this one fails.

Mornigstar 01-02-2014 06:41 PM

Last month bought an Oster toaster / convection/bake oven -from Walmarts online. Last one was a Black&Decker.
It was 82f in south Fl today so I always try to use mine --love it !!

Letty 01-03-2014 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by cindyb (Post 6485223)
I got a wonderful toaster oven for Christmas. I wanted it simple - looks like it is. BUT it's a CONVECTION oven. What does that mean to me? Is it different temperatures? Different timing? Does anyone have one? Love it or hate it?
I'm tempted to take it back.

Hi cindyb, I have used a convection oven for years.The thing is you can cook on every shelf at the same temperature, perfect for batch baking.You can also cook at a lower temps' mosy recipes give directions. Love Letty

Kelela 01-03-2014 09:52 AM

Cindyb...I have had a full size convection oven for many years and love it. The one I currently have in my range allows me to chose regular cooking/baking or convection cooking/baking. Kelela

janjj 01-03-2014 10:19 AM

I have a Toastmaster convection/Oven/broiler love it and had it for MANY years. great for a single person and since it is small saves money.