Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Counted Cross Stitch Christmas Stockings (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/counted-cross-stitch-christmas-stockings-t264161.html)

Jim's Gem 04-21-2015 09:25 AM

Those are beautiful! I always meant to make some for my kids. However they are all now grown up in their own homes. I have not cross stitched in about 13 years.

SewingSew 05-15-2015 12:19 PM

Bobbielinks,

I wanted to tell you how beautiful I think your stockings are. These must represent a lot of your time. I cross-stitch too, so I know how long it takes to do this. These are stunning! Sharon

quiltingcandy 05-15-2015 12:25 PM

Those are truly beautiful! When my daughters were little I used the counted cross stitch patterns to make needle point stockings for my daughters. They are no where near as detailed as yours.

Bobbielinks 12-01-2016 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 7169616)
I also have made counted cross stitch stockings for my family, 9 so far plus 3 or 4 others for my siblings children.
And the eyes are going too, the last stocking was on navy 18 ct aida and I had to change it to 14 ct to even begin to see it LOL.
Cataract surgery is in my future and I can't wait!

Hope your cataract surgery has be done and you are back to doing a lot of quilty, sewing and cross stitching!

Bobbielinks 12-01-2016 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by BCM (Post 7170878)
Beautiful!!!

Where do you find your patterns?

Some I found at Hobby Lobby, some at Joanne's, other were ordered online. Now is a good time to order online, as there are sales going on. I have a new great grandson, so I need to be thinking about another one to do.

Crqltr 12-01-2016 08:47 AM

I can't imagine how many hours went into those stockings! Such a treasure for everyone!

sewbizgirl 12-01-2016 09:13 AM

Those are beautiful... sooo many stitches!

QuiltingVagabond 12-01-2016 03:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks (Post 7709800)
Hope your cataract surgery has be done and you are back to doing a lot of quilty, sewing and cross stitching!

Bobbielinks, no surgery yet, the eye doc says the cataracts are not ready yet. But I can definitely not see as well as I did even a year ago.
As an update, we had a sump failure in our basement in June 2015, but didn't realize that the plastic tub holding most of my Christmas linens (including 5 of the family cross-stitched stockings) had a crack in the bottom.
We discovered it in Dec '15 and had to throw out all those handmade keepsakes.
I managed to finish one of the damaged ones for my DGS. Here are pics of the original and the replacement.
I did the replacement in needlepoint as I knew I could not see well enough to make the original in ccs on dark aida again.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563006[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]563007[/ATTACH]

I did personalize the new one replacing the girl with his dogs and the vintage toys with a Minion and a soccer ball LOL.

JustAbitCrazy 12-01-2016 04:57 PM

Wow, those are gorgeous! I used to do counted cross stitch. Lots of work.

tranum 12-01-2016 06:29 PM

Fabulous! I had a full time job back when we were adding family members, so I felt I had no time to spare. I admire your beautiful work and the hours invested. I'm embaressed to tell you all I bought fuzzy stockings at Target and used paint to write their names on the cuff. How bad is that ??