Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Craftsy Classes? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/craftsy-classes-t267450.html)

jmoore 07-12-2015 02:42 AM

I love my Craftsy classes. The instructors are knowledgeable and detailed. You can access your classes anytime, anywhere from the internet and keep them forever.

Onebyone 07-12-2015 06:22 AM

You save money and get better instruction buy taking the Craftsy classes. The only thing missing is the drive to the class, high fee, loading and unloading your supplies. Putting up with a class member that won't stop talking on her cell phone, and trying to remember everything you need to finish the project when you get home. LOL. I do enjoy the social of the physical workshops but I like Craftsy better. I lost count of the number of classes I bought from quilting to baking. I haven't returned one yet.

CookyIN 07-12-2015 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 7253785)
When I am considering a Craftsy class, I always check to see if the instructor has already covered the material in a book. For many techniques, I prefer having a book to a video, since I can quickly look through a book to find just the thing I want, and it's harder to find that in a video. But there are some things in quilting that are better shown in videos, so there's a trade-off.

A couple of my classes have included the instructor's eBook version of a printed book. I already had Allie Aller's crazy quilting book; when I enrolled in the class I got the exact same book in a digital download. With Carol Doak's paper piecing class, I got an eBook of paper piecing patterns. I can't remember if that was one of her published print books or not.

Before enrolling you can check out the topics covered and all materials included for download.

CookyIN 07-12-2015 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7254587)
You save money and get better instruction buy taking the Craftsy classes. The only thing missing is the drive to the class, high fee, loading and unloading your supplies. Putting up with a class member that won't stop talking on her cell phone, and trying to remember everything you need to finish the project when you get home. LOL. I do enjoy the social of the physical workshops but I like Craftsy better. I lost count of the number of classes I bought from quilting to baking. I haven't returned one yet.

So true! Fellowship is nice but when you really want to learn then you can't beat one-on-one instruction.

MarleneC 07-12-2015 03:20 PM

I have most of the quilting classes. Have learned something new from every one of them. I try to get them when they are on sale--usually $19.99 but once in awhile they are $14.99. There is a Craftsy blog that has lots of info and free patterns for various crafts on Friday.

grocifer 07-12-2015 04:28 PM

I love the classes but can no longer watch them on my Kindle -- I hope they can come up with a solution soon for this problem.

wbfrog 07-13-2015 04:16 AM

Hi, Caroline94535
Diddo, the classes are wonderful I have purchased about 10 classes over time and they are still there I just love Craftsy I have the App on my iphone and ipad. If you see a class take it; plus I always get coupons emailed to me for discounts on classes.