Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Craftsy update (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/craftsy-update-t282708.html)

MarleneC 10-03-2016 08:21 AM

Craftsy update

Has anyone besides myself tried watching a Craftsy class since their upgrade? I click on a class that I have purchased and get a message that the page is not available or one or two lessons will play and then the page is not available pops up again? Just curious as it is really irritating. I have written them but no reply as of yet.

SewingSew 10-03-2016 08:47 AM

Yes! I do not like their update at all. The way it is set up is not customer-centric. I liked the old interface so much better. I think the new interface is more about them and their marketing and much less about me, the customer. I have gotten the same message as you. It is very annoying! Craftsy also will not recognize my login information on my Kindle even though the same login information works on my laptop. I don't have time to deal with this. Hopefully they will resolve the issue soon. If you and I are having problems, then you know other people are as well.

DebbieJJ 10-04-2016 01:56 AM

I don't like their new update either.....I haven't tried going to the classes I've purchased yet, but if you're having problems, I guess I will too.

mandyrose 10-04-2016 02:22 AM

yep me too first of all i couldn't find my classes and I now have to click the image thats looks like a person the icon next to the search heart and shopping cart, sign in, then my library came up but it took me awhile to get there and then it takes so loooooong for my classe video to boot up and when it finally does the video is horrible ugh! i don't like it either i also sent them an email

jmoore 10-04-2016 03:22 AM

Yikes. I got an email regarding the new look but I haven't had time to jump in the Craftsy site yet.

quilterpurpledog 10-04-2016 03:26 AM

Not all new things are good and this certainly one of them. I looked over the new format and it does not seem helpful and a whole lot less user friendly.

lovelyl 10-04-2016 04:41 AM

Yikes! I'll have to check it out. Didn't know they were changing anything!

romanojg 10-04-2016 05:26 AM

I haven't been up there to do any classes but did see the site and it was more user friendly before. Craftsy listens so I'd think it would be good to send them a message and let them know your opinions. It may not change the site but maybe they'd try to make it easier to find what you want. For those on here who have been around for a few years you know the uproar when they changed this site and they lost some users too. I didn't like the changed but good for me was the fact that I hadn't been on here a long time so it was a little eaiser to get used too.

wbfrog 10-04-2016 05:36 AM

No, I did not have any problems in viewing my classes, I sort of like the new face lift. Try checking the setting on your computer, check to see if your Ad block is on that may be the issue that happens to me sometimes.

JENNR8R 10-04-2016 05:43 AM

I had the same message a few days ago on my computer, but the class would play on my iPhone. It eventually worked on my computer. I'm sure they will iron out the bugs eventually.