Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Creatively Frustrated (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/creatively-frustrated-t112261.html)

pamkasperi 03-31-2011 07:43 AM

I am not an artist - I can generally copy something but I can not "create".

I have five or six ideas in my head for quilts or quilting projects and no on else on earth appears to have had the same ideas....done them...posted an easy to use pattern or even a picture.

This is seriously getting frustrating and I need everyone to get on the ball and create and make the stuff I want and then post the pictures with easy to use instructions! Ok? Today would work for me!!

yolanda 03-31-2011 07:44 AM

Wow your not asking for much! ;-) Maybe if you can describe or sketch what's on your mind we can help?

sueisallaboutquilts 03-31-2011 07:45 AM

Ahh, my friend, don't count on me! Creating on my own doesn't seem to be in my DNA
However, I AM designing a baseball quilt but still need my DH to help. That's okay though lol

Today is Opening Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D
The quilt is also going to be for ME hahaha

AgapeStitches 03-31-2011 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by yolanda
Wow your not asking for much! ;-) Maybe if you can describe or sketch what's on your mind we can help?

We do need a little help from you on this....get the ideas out of your head and into words or sketches, then we can help.

pamkasperi 03-31-2011 08:33 AM

Yes I know that is part of the problem...

I want a cute and easy girly easter lap quilt pattern - something other than just blocks - on this now idea in my head other than what I don't want.

I want a pattern that uses only blocks or triangle blocks that form a bunny rabit or easter basket - I don't want to aplique - sort of like the blocks I've done that have that make the cancer ribbon - I want the blocks to magically form a bunny rabbit or an easter basket.

I want a lot of thing - the problem is I'm not sure exactly what I want - just what I don't!

It is a huge problem when you can create but only by copying what others have done before you!!!

AgapeStitches 03-31-2011 08:41 AM

At least now we have a starting point...what you are not looking for....keep it coming :)

Mimito2 03-31-2011 08:45 AM

Have you tried taking a pic from a coloring book, blowing it up several hundred percent and cutting it into different sized blocks? It would still be your "creation"

pamkasperi 03-31-2011 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mimito2
Have you tried taking a pic from a coloring book, blowing it up several hundred percent and cutting it into different sized blocks? It would still be your "creation"

No I haven't tried that - because uh well - last time a coloring book was in this house was 12 years ago and I didn't switch to that mind set....Ok - let me look for coloring book patterns...

pamkasperi 03-31-2011 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by AgapeStitches
At least now we have a starting point...what you are not looking for....keep it coming :)

Michelle - can't you just come up with the pattern for me and stop this frustration cycle?

Pam

AgapeStitches 03-31-2011 09:40 AM

LOL LOL you are too funny....still working on it...will have an idea ot two soon.