Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   a crimp in my style! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/crimp-my-style-t58811.html)

franie 08-10-2010 05:58 PM

I fell and shattered my right ankle and had ortho surgery. I sprained my left one really badly so I am having a hard time getting around right now. But as soon as I am able I will have to teach myself how to sew with my left foot. I cannot do anything on my right for a month. I have quilting on the Lizzie to do but can't do that either. So maybe handwork is in order. Lots of reading here I guess. Sure has put a crimp in my style!

sewmuchmore 08-10-2010 06:03 PM

I am so sorry to hear that. Can you get a knee presser for your machine instead of using your foot.

mequilter 08-10-2010 06:03 PM

So sorry to hear about your injury. Hope you'll be able to get around soon. Until then, the handwork will help pass the time, along with the reading. Please keep us updated & let us know how you're doing.

cjomomma 08-10-2010 06:03 PM

So sorry franie. Sounds like you need to sit back and relax. How about a (((((HUG))))).

bibliostone 08-10-2010 06:03 PM

Oh, that is awful. Prayers for rapid healing.

hobo2000 08-10-2010 06:04 PM

Bless your heart. I have been there and really feel for you. I finally put my pedal on the right side of my machine and guided the fabric with my left and used the pedal with my right. Took a bit of getting used to but until the casts came off my legs it kept me from having cat fits. Hang in there, Hugs and prayers

texas granny 08-10-2010 06:05 PM

Franie Sorry about your fall a girl friend broke her ankle and she was off her feet for 3 month.
Another friend was in car wreck and she learned to sew with her left foot.
Good luck and get better real soon Surprise those Doctors.

magpie 08-10-2010 06:05 PM

So sorry to hear your hurting so bad. Hope you recover quickly. Your handwork is probably as beautiful as your machine work so you'll get some pretty things done in the meantime. Rest Well.

dakotamaid 08-10-2010 06:06 PM

<<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>I remember when I had foot surgery, I started doing needlepoint and actually finished a pillow for my sis. I love to read so that helped! My principal came and got me and I did reading groups and got out of recess duty!!!

I would investigate the knee thingy idea though!!

pchp 08-10-2010 06:06 PM

Oh, no! I thought I had broken my ankle last week when I missed the step into our garage; fortunately, it was just a bad sprain. My foot is still swollen. But, it's my left foot, so I've still been able to do some quilting.

I guess now would be a good time for you to do hand work. I've never done a grandmother's flower garden quilt, but that's what I would probably try. Or I might work on doing the fusible work on all of the little pieces of a McKenna Ryan quilt. Or I might check on doing something from Jinny Beyer.

Best wishes for both finding something fun and for a speedy recovery!