Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The CRUD has come to live at my house! UGHH!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/crud-has-come-live-my-house-ughh-t87894.html)

craftybear 01-05-2011 05:16 PM

I hope you start feeling better soon

Big Hugs to you!!!!

CarrieAnne 01-05-2011 05:29 PM

Get well soon!

geckogirl 01-05-2011 09:10 PM

I am 29 weeks and 4 days pregnant and I keep passing the crud to my DH who in turn keeps passing it back to me :(

I hope we ALL start to feel better very very soon!

sewwhat85 01-05-2011 09:11 PM

hope you all get well soon

lyndad 01-06-2011 02:13 PM

I got the crud the day after Thanksgiving, the coughing was the hardest thing to get rid of, I finally went to the Dr. and some of my problem was allergies. After I got an inhaler and nose mist, I finally got to feeling better. Hang in there.

Alondra 01-06-2011 03:20 PM

Hope you all are feeling better now, or are in the process of getting better. Here's hoping your daughter manages to avoid whatever it is.

sew wishful 01-06-2011 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by craftyone27
Just need to vent a bit here. My DH came down w/a nasty cough/cold(now wondering if it was actually the flu) a few days after Christmas. He is just now feeling better. My son started feeling bad on Saturday and has now missed two school days since vacation ended. He is asthmatic and is now using two prescription inhalers, an antibiotic, and Rx cough medicine. I'm hoping he doesn't end up needing prednisone or breathing treatments to get through this. Now for the really fun part! Monday I started to not feel very well, and by this morning felt like I had been hit by a truck. Aching all over, headache,sore throat,congestion. I am hoping my daughter is lucky and bypasses this lovely illness, but right now it is not looking good! Thanks for letting me vent, I hope anyone else who has the crud at their house feels better soon!!

I got a strain of it the early part of the week of Christmas...by Christmas I couldn't talk and began getting better then until this week when I've been coughing and coughing, sneezing, drippy nose! I am feeling better and didn't really feel "bad". DH has it since last Friday and is home from work today (but he did my dishes and straightened up some). He works outside (carpentry) and just didn't feel he could do that today. So I am just under 3 weeks, and he's just a full week, so hopefully this will leave our household soon!! I'm sick of it!

tjradj 01-06-2011 04:04 PM

If it's not just a cough, but the ache and feeling hit by a truck thing - it's the flu. Not all flu is gastric!
Like they said, stay hydrated, treat any fever - not with aspirin, use tylenol or aleve instead, and ride it out.
Put a "no visiting" sign on your door until you guys are all better :(

ladydragonfly 01-06-2011 04:24 PM

My household had the same stuff, started with my father-in-law, then my husband and then me. Like others said it doesn't last too long. Hope you feel better soon :)

isnthatodd 01-06-2011 04:27 PM

It's a really good thing you can't catch the flu through the web, or we'd all be sick all the time :lol: