Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Curiosity question....... Do you rearrange? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/curiosity-question-do-you-rearrange-t311725.html)

Quiltah Mama 07-12-2020 03:13 AM

Curiosity question....... Do you rearrange?

Recently DH and I had a visitor that we see once a year when he visits from Alaska that commented that nothing ever changes when he visits us. So that got me to thinking. I purchased my house in 2003 and have never rearranged the living room furniture, it's always been the same set up, which by the way DH and I like. New furniture pieces from time to time, but same set up. Do any of you rearrange your living rooms for a new/fresh layout? If so how often and it would be interesting to know the reasons why the rearranging happens.
On a side note, I have rearranged my quilting studio multiple times for functionality purposes.😉

jmoore 07-12-2020 03:28 AM

When I lived in California, it was common to rearrange furniture in my home but our late 1700s home here in Maine is not conducive due to size and layout. There is only one good size wall in both the living room and parlor and the three remaining walls either have low windows with deep sills or a fireplace. I do change paint color and decor when I get bored.

rjwilder 07-12-2020 03:30 AM

No, we have it set up the way we like it and it works for us. I have changed the throw pillows on the couch and we bought a new area rug recently. As far as our individual spaces, yes we have both changed them for better functionality. My sewing room has been changed many times as I've deleted and added new machines and more fabric. His man cave, he did get a new desk chair and that's about it.

tallchick 07-12-2020 03:35 AM

I don’t have the space to rearrange living room furniture, my house was built in 1940 and it’s shape is challenging, but I made it work for me after rearranging it a bazillion times! But I will confess that I like to rearrange furniture and spaces, recently did so in my sewing studio and my master bedroom and I’m much happier with the layout in both.

lberna 07-12-2020 04:14 AM

We rarely change. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Lena1952 07-12-2020 04:23 AM

I am so happy to know I am not alone! All the gals I work with rearrange and often. My set up works so I don't feel,the need to change it. We have bought new furniture, added or changed artwork (usually quilts) but the furniture never gets rearranged. I thought it was me, but apparently not. Yay!

Tartan 07-12-2020 04:45 AM

I seldom rearrange my furniture. If it is in the best functional, comfortable spot, why move it?

Iceblossom 07-12-2020 04:48 AM

The only time things get re-arranged at this point is when I get something different, like a completely different piece of furniture. I'd like to put the bed on the opposite wall and switch the master bedroom, hubby likes it the way it is. Eventually I'll actually paint the room and then I'll go ahead and move everything the way I want to, think the hubby will find out it will be just fine.

I don't change my art often either. Once it gets wall space, it pretty much stays.

One of the things that determines my layout is the electrical outlets and that we have various animal habitats on the most flat surfaces. The reptiles need their heaters and things, once furniture has a tank on it, it sort of loses the furniture appeal...

Doggramma 07-12-2020 05:53 AM

I don’t have that many ways to switch things in the living room around due to limited wall space. But in the old house, I liked to rearrange the furniture every couple of months.

SusieQOH 07-12-2020 05:56 AM

My sister and I are total opposites. She changes/redecorates all the time but I don't. I'm like my Mom. Only paint and maybe some wall art gets changed up a bit.
I'm not that interested in decorating. I just love to sew but my sis is so good at what she does.