Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Dangers of Kettle Corn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/dangers-kettle-corn-t59494.html)

Chasing Hawk 08-15-2010 09:07 AM

Last night while playing one of my favorite video games (Fallout 3). I was munching on some Kettle Corn and broke a molar on the upper left side of my mouth. It cracked all the way up to the gum line, I am sure it went up to the root.

The pain isn't to bad, I will have to call the dentist in the morning and have that beast pulled. Trying to eat on the right side is an adventure.

mcdaniel023 08-15-2010 09:09 AM

So sorry to hear that.

littlehud 08-15-2010 09:32 AM

Yikes. That's not good. I hope they can take care of it Monday.

amma 08-15-2010 09:32 AM

My dentist told me one time that as adults, we probably have a cracked tooth(teeth).. it may never give us a problem, show up on an xray, or it can split in half while eating mashed potatoes.
It usually started by a jarring injury where our teeth slam together or eating hard foods that we shouldn't have been trying to chew in the first place :roll:
I hope it doesn't give you too much pain until you can get it fixed!

pookie ookie 08-15-2010 09:39 AM

So sorry! I'm a braceface so I don't eat anything crunchy or chewy now but I once cracked a tooth on a Werther's candy and most of my friends have cracked teeth on Taco Bell bean burritos. Kinda sneaks up on you. When I was 12, I poked a hole in the roof of my mouth with a taco shell. Hole's still there. Had it surgically widened recently to assess the damage and remove a tumor.

Fallout 3 is my all time fave game. My bf and I are finishing up our level cheevos in anticipation of Fallout: New Vegas. The other day, I thought about starting a gamer thread here. Wondering how many gamers are quilty.

Up North 08-15-2010 10:02 AM

I broke one eating a piece of meat a few weeks ago, it must have had a small piece of bone in it, Still haven't gone back to get it out, It isn't hurting and I could wiggle the piece for a few days but maybe it is growing back (?) since now I can't wiggle it. Trying to chew on the other side IS an adventure! Good Luck!

Chasing Hawk 08-15-2010 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by pookie ookie
So sorry! I'm a braceface so I don't eat anything crunchy or chewy now but I once cracked a tooth on a Werther's candy and most of my friends have cracked teeth on Taco Bell bean burritos. Kinda sneaks up on you. When I was 12, I poked a hole in the roof of my mouth with a taco shell. Hole's still there. Had it surgically widened recently to assess the damage and remove a tumor.

Fallout 3 is my all time fave game. My bf and I are finishing up our level cheevos in anticipation of Fallout: New Vegas. The other day, I thought about starting a gamer thread here. Wondering how many gamers are quilty.

My husband can't wait for the new game. I am eagerly waiting Mafia 2 to show up on the 24th. My next game is the Divinity 2 expansion.

Ms. Shawn 08-15-2010 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Last night while playing one of my favorite video games (Fallout 3). I was munching on some Kettle Corn and broke a molar on the upper left side of my mouth. It cracked all the way up to the gum line, I am sure it went up to the root.

The pain isn't to bad, I will have to call the dentist in the morning and have that beast pulled. Trying to eat on the right side is an adventure.

Ouch!!! :cry: :evil: Sorrry I hope you are able to get to the dentist soon! :thumbup:

CarrieAnne 08-15-2010 11:41 AM

Ouch!!!!!!!!!

Ditter43 08-15-2010 11:43 AM

Ouch!!! I love popcorn, but the last box I bought has so many hulls I eat it one at a time, pulling out the big hulls! Makes it last a lot longer! :lol: